Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a kind of vague question, but I'm hoping someone might know what I'm talking about and what may be wrong:

I've had the TRD sportivo set for about three months now and i've noticed that when I get out of my car, the spring on my rear driver's side creaks/squeaks. However, I don't notice this sound when I'm driving, even when I hit bumps, etc.
Actually, I'm not even sure it's the spring, but it sounds like a sound the springs would make. In any case, I was wondering if it's something that I should worry about or get checked out. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yeah I got the Lsportline springs for nearly 2 months now, but for the last few weeks It started craking noise.....help...:(

Matt

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
it does it on mine.. stock suspension.. i think this has been discussed before, it's just a normal creak when you get out due to the suspension/body flexing or something

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
irv_usc said:
it does it on mine.. stock suspension.. i think this has been discussed before, it's just a normal creak when you get out due to the suspension/body flexing or something
Hmm, never heard the sound with the stock suspension and it definitely sounds like the springs....
I think I might get it checked out just in case.

Anyone else have any ideas???

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ki11bert said:
how about a popping noise when you corner/hit bumps? I have Eibach pros on stock shocks.
Sounds like a lot of us have weird suspension sound problems - the top three posts in this forum are all about suspension sounds....
Any suspension experts out there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts