Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this question has been asked alot so I'll try to keep it simple. I've got a '02 IS300 with really low mileage and I want to lower and tighten up the suspension a bit. I'm no Ricky Racer and I don't want to slam the car, I just want enough clearnce to house some 18" rims without any problems and for it to look good. I've read alot of comments about the Eibach springs (sportline) and most people claim that they aren't low enough. I think an inch at the front is good but everyone here knows that the gap at the rear is the biggest problem. Anyway if anyone can help me make my decision a little easier I would really appreciate it! Thanx.

PS: Any links to some photos of IS300's with Eibach springs + 18's would really really help. Thanx Again!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have been contemplating the same thing...I already have 18's, and I am trying to decide on suspension...I am thinking about eibachs and tokico illumina adjustable shocks...but I also am worried it won't be low enough in the back. I'm like you--I don't want to slam it, but I want my $$ to make a noticeable difference too.

Did you mean the eibach pro-kit? The sportline is the lower of the two, dunno by how much though. But the pro-kit is rated at 1 inch, front and back.

Input (and pics!) from people with experience would be much appreciated!

(I hope we don't get flamed for not searching... :jawDrop: )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was refering to the eibach pro-kit, advertised at tirerack.com, which claims 1" all around. How bad is your wheel gap with 18's ?

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Wheel gap will be the same, because an 18" combo should not be much different in overall diameter from stock. The SUV look comes from having more fender gap than sidewall. You guys might want to look into Tein Htech or Hotchkis springs. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the prokit is a little lower than the rating when paired with Bilstein shocks.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I have dropped on Tein H-tech with 18". it's not too low. I like it!

·
Registered
186 Posts
No Pics? Nobody has 18" wheels with eibach pro-kit?

·
Registered
148 Posts
The pro-kit does advertise 1" the whole way around, but the drop in the rear is more than in the front. The gap up front won't drop an inch, but the back will. I'd say you'd be in pretty good shape with 18s and with no issues.

hmmm, search for it. I know somebody was just pic whoring a couple days ago with a pro-kit/18s setup.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Cool thanks man, I appreciate the input...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts