Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Lexus IS. I was looking into gettting some lowering springs with a 1" drop. I was just wondering if it is fine to put these springs on my stock shocks with 60k miles already?

·
Registered
425 Posts
i am not sure if this causes a problem or not in the future. but i have had my springs for about 4 months now with the stock shocks. btw i have a 1.3/1.6'' drop. i have no complaints.

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
i just dropped my car 2 months ago which has 90K miles with H&R springs using the stock shocks and the ride comfort is awesome. No problem with it .

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
i just dropped my car 2 months ago which has 90K miles with H&R springs using the stock shocks and the ride comfort is awesome. No problem with it .
ive had H&R springs on my car for about a year and they have sagged a lot. my car is lop sided to the left now due to the fact that i drive a lot by myself. it fucking sucks.

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
ive had H&R springs on my car for about a year and they have sagged a lot. my car is lop sided to the left now due to the fact that i drive a lot by myself. it fucking sucks.
oh wow that sux, but im not planning to have the springs by itself for a year, ill get shocks before that happens, if it happens to me. Im planning on getting Koni shocks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Im about to enter the same bout. Im bout to install Tein s tech and wondering how long should I wait before my shocks are shot. My mileage is around yours Lexus300T. I guess put the springs on and let it ride. I hope I save enough money to buy me new shocks before then lol

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Honestly, Your best bet would be to save up for some aftermarket struts and get them put on with the springs at the same time.

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Anything around 1 inch will be fine for a bit. Kits that give you over 1.5 inch drop will affect it after a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts