Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up fellow IS'ers?

I bought a set of Tein S springs along with some 18 x 7.5" shoes for my baby. I had them installed over the weekend. When I picked the car up yesterday, the ABS light is on, and the Trac Lock light is blinking.

Anyone else had a problem like this or a solution?

I told the shop, who looked at it, and said you just have to drive it for a couple of days and it will go away?? THis sounds a little shady to me.

Any input is appreciated.

DR

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
BlackSunshineIS said:
Whats up fellow IS'ers?

I bought a set of Tein S springs along with some 18 x 7.5" shoes for my baby. I had them installed over the weekend. When I picked the car up yesterday, the ABS light is on, and the Trac Lock light is blinking.

Anyone else had a problem like this or a solution?

I told the shop, who looked at it, and said you just have to drive it for a couple of days and it will go away?? THis sounds a little shady to me.

Any input is appreciated.

DR
Those guys are liars. They probably broke one of the wires connected to your abs sensors. I would take it back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well wxman, I believe you are right.

I just went back to p/u the car, and the guy tells me "well there was a little mishap with your car". For me, there is no such thing as a little mishap with my car.
This as$hole bumped another car in his bay with mine :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :whine: :whine: .
Result = one cracked headlight, one scuffed bumper, and one dinged qtr pannel.
He tells me he will have a new qtr panel, light and get the bumper buffed on Friday.
So now, I have the two idiot lights on, AND the damage to my car.

I am thinking I should just take my car back and go to Lexus dealer to get it fixed RIGHT and make them pay.

I just wanted these springs installed on my car, and now I have this massive HEADACHE over something purchased to give me some pleaseure.

Well, that is my rant for the day.

And the moral of this story. Do not take your car anywhere, unless you are fully confident in them!!

DR

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
BlackSunshineIS said:
Well wxman, I believe you are right.

I just went back to p/u the car, and the guy tells me "well there was a little mishap with your car". For me, there is no such thing as a little mishap with my car.
This as$hole bumped another car in his bay with mine :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :whine: :whine: .
Result = one cracked headlight, one scuffed bumper, and one dinged qtr pannel.
He tells me he will have a new qtr panel, light and get the bumper buffed on Friday.
So now, I have the two idiot lights on, AND the damage to my car.

I am thinking I should just take my car back and go to Lexus dealer to get it fixed RIGHT and make them pay.

I just wanted these springs installed on my car, and now I have this massive HEADACHE over something purchased to give me some pleaseure.

Well, that is my rant for the day.

And the moral of this story. Do not take your car anywhere, unless you are fully confident in them!!

DR
Man, I am sorry to hear that. Just be firm with them and don't let them try to rip you off. :shame:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts