Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the hardest springs out there for the is300 that will enhance the cornering and give you a s2000 or a evo feel? (well... close to it) i have the eibach sportline, but i want my car way more stiff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Get Tein RA coilovers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,925 Posts
1.) Koni Yellow Shocks + H&R Springs
2.) Tokico Illumina Shocks + H&R Springs

3.) Koni Yellow Shocks + Sprint Springs
4.) Tokico Illumina Shocks + Sprint Springs

mmm unless u get coilovers, that is the stiffest of the stiffest in the shock/spring combo world =]

-Aaron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,925 Posts
btw, u might not have heard of sprint yet. but they are actually pretty good quality springs. i got the confused with swift, which are total crap. They are a little on the pricey side, but some ppl who have them on other cars have nothing but good things to say about them. and unlike most of the other after market springs including H&R, Sprint springs are linear, which means they are already lowered, no need to wait for settling. they will not sag, and will always remain the same height.

good luck!

-Aaron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,498 Posts
onyxaltezza said:
btw, u might not have heard of sprint yet. but they are actually pretty good quality springs. i got the confused with swift, which are total crap. They are a little on the pricey side, but some ppl who have them on other cars have nothing but good things to say about them. and unlike most of the other after market springs including H&R, Sprint springs are linear, which means they are already lowered, no need to wait for settling. they will not sag, and will always remain the same height.

good luck!

-Aaron
I'm not too familiar with Sprint springs also. Aren't they like <$130 bucks on Ebay?? What are their spring rate? & drop_" ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Chigger said:
I'm not too familiar with Sprint springs also. Aren't they like <$130 bucks on Ebay?? What are their spring rate? & drop_" ?

i just installed sprint springs on my 01 IS and so far so good...drop is about 2inches...not sure about the rate though....got them for $129 shipped on ebay from suspensionmax
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
carzoneboy said:
i just installed sprint springs on my 01 IS and so far so good...drop is about 2inches...not sure about the rate though....got them for $129 shipped on ebay from suspensionmax


...sprint springs are infamous for sagging over the "short-run." Look for about a 4 inch drop in a year or so ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,174 Posts
i didn't know sprint had springs for the is. I heard about them when i had my honda and they gave a big drop, almost slammed look
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,767 Posts
Kirk-Habicht, only way to go if you want custom springrates and lowering. Course, you will also be shelling out a good ammount of money for them ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Si-2-IS said:
...sprint springs are infamous for sagging over the "short-run." Look for about a 4 inch drop in a year or so ;)

comes with lifetime warranty against sagging...so if anything you'll jus have to reinstall the new ones
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top