Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've finally finished repairing my car after an accident i had when i was going to school in miami. i was on m way to the mall when this lady stops out of nowhere leaving me with no time to stop

this is how it looked right after

and this is how it looks now

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Looks good, let me know next time your down here, we can meet up.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
looks good! was it an SUV? looks like you didn't sustain any front bumper damage.
also, might look into some hood pins for that nice CF hood!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was a volvo wagon lol the lady i hit was really nice, she even offered us some kfc that she bought right before. im looking at getting the locking aerocatch latches that sit flush

·
Registered
387 Posts
it adds some attention points. sportx looks good man! glad to see you stick with it. i honestly like the CF hood alot more without any blemish (hoodpins/latches). Are they really needed? (note: very little experience with CF, only fiberglass)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i like cf hoods without latches or pins too but when i drive on the highway it starts to shake and i dont want to take the chance of it flying off lol

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
Not to be a dick, but YOU left YOU no time to stop. Its called a proper safe following distance. I get so nervous riding with people who get so close at 40 mph you cant see the tires under the car in front.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i like cf hoods without latches or pins too but when i drive on the highway it starts to shake and i dont want to take the chance of it flying off lol

Get the hood pins...they're a good investment. I sold one last year to someone off the boards. We installed it at my house and he drove around with it that weekend and it came flying off his car a few days later. I think he said it did some damage to his windshield and his roof. Not to mention the hood was totalled.

·
Registered
326 Posts
i'll second the hood pins. i once saw a mustang's CF hood fly off. he didn't have any hood pins. pretty scary to see. i had a set of pins on my prelude back when it had a CF hood. you just have to remember to remove them when you pop the hood, and warn all your friends about that (had one friend pop it before removing the pins, not a good thing).

ricky

Get the hood pins...they're a good investment. I sold one last year to someone off the boards. We installed it at my house and he drove around with it that weekend and it came flying off his car a few days later. I think he said it did some damage to his windshield and his roof. Not to mention the hood was totalled.

·
Registered
135 Posts
looks good, love the new grill!!!! good choice on the aerocatch pins, if i ever get a CF hood those would be my pins of choice. let us know how the install is on those suckers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts