Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i've searched and have not got a definative answer that i like when it comes to koni's for our cars. tirerack has them listed but i talked to a koni rep and they said there is no listing and those are the sedan shocks and he advised against it. probably for legal reasons in case something goes wrong. but i've seen one thread where they were installed on a sportx awhile back. i just want a definative "yes they work and part#". we need new shocks badly and uncle sam is giving us money we deserve in may. thanks guys.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes they work, Manufacturer Part #: 8041-1264SPORT fronts and Manufacturer Part #: 8041-1265SPORT rears.

If it was the thread with the red SportX, that is mine. I bought the Koni's through TireRack along with the Eibach springs. I did the install myself and everything fit fine. I run them on the softest setting and the ride is still way harder than stock. My wife doesn't like them!

Stan

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Hey Stan, when you crank them up is the steering incredible or what?

When I put the Tokicos on 5, it is like a laser. Bumps are no fun though.

What settings are you using front and back?

I was trying 4 front 3 rear with tokicos, but I might drop down to 3/2 when the wife is in the car.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you guys crack me up. and thanks for the part numbers. hell if this was my acura i would not ask but its the wife's car and i can't go just spending money and not knowing what i'm getting into. if i get these i'll probably just use stock springs and lower the perches to get a very mild drop and not something i need to worry about with my wife driving. you know how they are?!

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Preaching to the choir there! :lol:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey Stan, when you crank them up is the steering incredible or what?

When I put the Tokicos on 5, it is like a laser. Bumps are no fun though.

What settings are you using front and back?

I was trying 4 front 3 rear with tokicos, but I might drop down to 3/2 when the wife is in the car.

Honestly, I run full soft all the way around for street driving, and only play with the firmer settings on the track. We have horrible roads out here in the desert and if I end up letting my daughter use the car for school, I will definitely put the stock struts and springs back on.

Stan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts