Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I ordered the sportx bumper off a member here and it should be in on Wednesday. Hopefully by the weekend I will have it primed and painted, and ready to mount to my car.

Didn't come with fogs though, which is cool bc I kind of like the look without fogs, but I could always look for sportx fogs in the future.

I got a price quote on a new paint job yesterday - $3200 from a shop that does amazing work where I work at. That also includes the bodywork that I need done to my car as well and the door jams. The painter also said if I wanted my calipers painted he would throw that in as well. As for as color I think I am going to go with a black pearl (any suggestions?) and get away from the IBP. I was kind of considering a two-tone (flame on), or for that matter any unique paint job and get away from the same ole look everybody is used to seeing with the IS.

I know I had an earlier thread about paint jobs, but I am for certain getting one within the 4-6 months if not sooner. I will update with pictures with I get the new bumper put on. Btw, I work with somebody who does a little bit of autobody painting and he is going to spray the bumper for me so I dont have to wait for a full paint job.

Things are looking up. Went from being homeless (long story) to getting my car painted finally. :cool:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
First off, I just wanted to tell you that I am happy Obama is making a difference in our economy. :)

Second, If I were you I would take this opportunity to paint your car something unique, like a nide shade of red or bmw blue'ish. Althought black looks real good on the IS300, so do other colors. If your heart is set on black, then go for it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have always wanted a black car, ever since I can remember...doesn't matter if its a matte black or a pearl coat.

Thats why the two-tone interest me, bc even though members have it, its still a rare paint job and does more than just through a different shade of a color on the car.

even that, I wouldnt want to two tone the car with black and say GGP or MSM bc thats be done plenty of times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.