Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as you may have seen in my other post, i was trying to sell a pair of brand new Sportsdesign headlamps (complete unit). no takers, so i have decided to keep it. i have the regular foglamps, so i want to change it to the SD foglamps that way it will match the headlamps. my questions are:

*what is/are the difference/s between the regular fog lamps, which came stock with the regular IS300 sedan from the 2003 Sportsdesign fogs? the regular is yellow. is the SD white?

*is this a direct bolt on when switching from the regular fogs to the SD fogs? i was just on the phone with a rep from Putnam Lexus and i was told that the sockets are different between the regular fogs and the SD fogs.

*how much is the SD fogs? well its time to replace my fogs anyway, 'cause the lenses are chipped from debris. i will be ordering some xpell (sp?) when everything is installed.

i also left a voicemail to Steve @ Carson Toyota just now. i hope he's in the office today.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
the fogs are still yellow. as for how they're different (fitment-wise) from non-SD ones, i can't tell ya. sorry! :oops: btw, the JDM fogs are white.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thundercloud080903 said:
the fogs are still yellow. as for how they're different (fitment-wise) from non-SD ones, i can't tell ya. sorry! :oops: btw, the JDM fogs are white.
so the lense is the only difference?

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
the normally chrome part are tinted black. Does anyone else hate how yellow the IS fogs are? (thats why I got JDMers when I was in tokyo last summer)

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
CharlieD06 said:
the normally chrome part are tinted black. Does anyone else hate how yellow the IS fogs are? (thats why I got JDMers when I was in tokyo last summer)
the JDM Neo/L-Tuned fog lamps are available either YELLOW or BLUE....I like the yellow, I think it helps the IS stand out.....

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
CharlieD06 said:
the JDM Neo/L-Tuned fog lamps are available either YELLOW or BLUE....I like the yellow, I think it helps the IS stand out.....
no, the JDM Altezza Fogs, like the ones in the .NET Store. Same exact thing as stockers, but clear!!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i guess Steve is busy, so i spoke with Gordon (nice guy btw...patient unlike the other parts dept. rep around me) @ Carson Toyota. i got the white fogs and hopefully i get them by the week end. does anybody have the white fogs? if so, could you please post pic of how it looks like?

i can't imagine their low prices compared to the dealerships around me...

i am getting the pair at around $340 :D + compared to $400-$600 i was quoted from three different Lexus dealerships around me.....

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
JeffNaber said:
i got mine for free....its called an oven and some sandpaper
^^^ :lol:

n2knee, i guess it no longer matters how the SD fogs fit, right? you got the white JDM ones anyways... :wink:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thundercloud080903 said:
JeffNaber said:
i got mine for free....its called an oven and some sandpaper
^^^ :lol:

n2knee, i guess it no longer matters how the SD fogs fit, right? you got the white JDM ones anyways... :wink:
that's right. what do you think about the SD headlamps and white fog combo? i guess i'll have to post pics when everything is done so you guys can judge it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
got my slightly used JDM fogs for $104 shipped off of ebay
i haven't installed them yet... let's hope they work :crazy:

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
n2knee said:
i guess Steve is busy, so i spoke with Gordon (nice guy btw...patient unlike the other parts dept. rep around me) @ Carson Toyota. i got the white fogs and hopefully i get them by the week end. does anybody have the white fogs? if so, could you please post pic of how it looks like?
heres a few pics of the JDM fogs.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
WhiteLex03 said:
JDM Altezza fogs will not fit on a 2003 correct?

-Ringo
correct.

the JDM fogs use a 9006 bulb while the 03 IS use a different bulb. you guys should try contacting LexIS307. he went through all the trials and tribulations but he was able to hotwire somehing to make it work.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
baadhabit said:
WhiteLex03 said:
JDM Altezza fogs will not fit on a 2003 correct?

-Ringo
correct.

the JDM fogs use a 9006 bulb while the 03 IS use a different bulb. you guys should try contacting LexIS307. he went through all the trials and tribulations but he was able to hotwire somehing to make it work.
Ray... I can get that to work ;) I hot wired my JDM Neo fogs 2yrs ago. I personally like the Yellow fogs.. its what makes Lexus. that been there signature since waaaaaaay back in 1992 when I thought the ES300's were gangsta with those little yellow projector fogs :lol:

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
^^you can always tell when a IS or older ES is coming with the fogs. i love um!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts