Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a repeat customer and I should be getting a really good deal, because they are not willing to take back my 2002 IS because it was in an accident :pissed:

For a black on black leather sportdesign m/t with all options except navigation, they said

$29,500 w/o taxes, registration, etc...

and $575 a month for 60 months at 2.9% apr to buy.

Is this really a good deal or just average.

Also, they told me that they aren't making any more sportdesign models until the beginning of next year, so they can't get me black wiht grey leather. Is this true or are they just being dicks, and don't want to look any farther than 50 miles to trade for the right car?

BTW, anyone thinking about buying a 20002 auto blk on blk leather w/ navi let me know :wink:

·
Registered
110 Posts
29.5k sounds like a pretty good deal to me...but if you're spending 30k on a car, hold out for the options you want...don't regret not getting certain options later, just my 2 cents :wink:

DegoIS said:
I am a repeat customer and I should be getting a really good deal, because they are not willing to take back my 2002 IS because it was in an accident :pissed:

For a black on black leather sportdesign m/t with all options except navigation, they said

$29,500 w/o taxes, registration, etc...

and $575 a month for 60 months at 2.9% apr to buy.

Is this really a good deal or just average.

Also, they told me that they aren't making any more sportdesign models until the beginning of next year, so they can't get me black wiht grey leather. Is this true or are they just being dicks, and don't want to look any farther than 50 miles to trade for the right car?

BTW, anyone thinking about buying a 20002 auto blk on blk leather w/ navi let me know :wink:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I don't know if I believe him about the grey leather sportdesign not being made until next year again :roll: Sounds kinda shady :-?

·
Registered
191 Posts
shop around, one dealership might has one on their inventory, or they can trade the car with other dealer if they willing to.
$29.5 seems like a good deal with 2.9 apr.
by the way, why they did not want to take your car back if the title is clean?

:D

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They wanted to take the car back but not for anything like I wanted. Their first offer was about 5-6k under kelly blue book and edmunds pricing for dealer trade in :eek: . They said that they might be able to work something out and maybe get me 3k more but that still does absolutely sh!t for me. If I sell it privately I am hoping ot get 25k + at least. Their first offer was 17k :lol: They said that they might not be able to resell it as a certified because it was in an accident well over a year ago :roll: and the fact that it has been running fine ever since doesn't matter to them they say :pissed: And that it was fixed by a very, very, good body shop that I just called and is guaranteeing their own work on the car and Lexus did most of the actual work on the car also.

·
Mod er 8 er
608 Posts
FYI Lexus cannot certify a car that's been in an accident (other than minor bumper issues). Also, the Sport Design is a (limited) special edition for 2003, so the same car won't be available for 04.
You're better off selling your IS private.
Good luck.

·
Registered
393 Posts
$29.5k for san diego area looks good for the Sports Design. If you take that 2.9% from Lexus, you are losing a $1000 right away. If you finance outside of Lexus, you can use that against them and bring the price down to $28.5k since Lexus will give your dealership the $1000 for selling the car during this promotional period (ends 07/31/03).

For the accident, if you claimed it, I think it shows up on you vehicle record, so the buyer will see if when you run CarFax.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't get a lower rate than 2.9% if I finance it with a different bank, and not lexus, so not really. Yeah, I am selling my car privately for sure. Oh, by the way, my dealer told me that the sportdesign will be available next year, and with memory seats and some other stuff I don't remember. Is that true?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm not sure if there will be sport design for 2004, no information yet. But they ussually come up with something new. AS before they had l-tuned IS300, then sport design. Most of the new stuff will be out in the middle of next year (may), I beleve.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
i just paied 31.9 for my Auto TCM SD, but im verry happy

·
Registered
106 Posts
i payed 28,050 for mine before tax and license etc. So you can probly get a better deal. Mine is pretty much similar to what your talking about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts