Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an objective comparision between a sportcross (wagon/hatchback) and a regular sedan :shootout:

Also was Lexus thinking small family when they developed the sportcross, the rear seats so impractical :suspiciou

sportcross:
I heard that the rear rims are bigger.
The seats fold down as well.

Sedan:
Better gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Some people (sedan people ;) ) think the SportCross is ugly.

I think it looks cool, but I like wagons.

Major differences besides looks are the rear seats fold down, you have a hatch, and it did not come in manual.

Other than that they are the same. Engine/Drivetrain/Suspension are the same. MPG is about the same. SportX is only 150 pounds more than the sedan. Rim difference is nominal in rear, no biggie.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yeah the rear rim width is .5 inches wider? Also for what it's worth the SportCross has better weight distribution.

Better Gas Mileage? Because of the 125 pound weight difference + Drag? I think the fuel economy difference in negligible. Honestly all the SportCross does is literally expand on a already great Sedan. If you need more space and find it attractive go for it. If not then grab a regular Sedan version.

·
Registered
387 Posts
you can join the f102 fraternity if you get a sportcross ;)

Reactions: Squareback

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
After the hazing, I mean initiation, that is.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
count me in !!

My family thinks I need to grow up and get something practical like a SUV or RX 300... me thinks fun car...

·
Registered
387 Posts
After the hazing, I mean initiation, that is.
shhhhh we are on double secret probation for that! but yea pretty much all the sedan mods work on the sportx (don't call it a wagon!) minus the rear valiance pieces (bumper, tail lights, spoiler). Exhausts and suspension bits work fine

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
I'm still waiting for somebody on the boards to bust out a JDM kit on the SportCross. Toyota even made a factory body kit for the Altezza Gita, and it looks pretty tight.

Reactions: commddot

·
Registered
326 Posts
one thing about the sportcross stock rims, because they're staggered, you can't rotate them. i've gone 23k on my tires and they're pretty much gone. i figure i could've gotten a few more miles out of them if i could have rotated the buggers.

al, i vaguely remember brad saying something about the struts on the sportcross being different from those on the sedan? i don't have access to my shop manual, i wonder if the part numbers are different?

ricky

·
Registered
911 Posts
If you need more space and find it attractive go for it. If not then grab a regular Sedan version.

My thoughts exactly. People like to ask questions about trucks, SUVs, wagons etc., as to whether or not they're worth it, good/bad, or better/worse.

Aesthetics aside, either you need the utility or you don't.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
On the part list I have, it is the same. Ricky, PM me your email address, and I will send it to you for your perusal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts