Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All, I just purchased another lexus. (currently own an is250) This one a '02 sportx. 154k on the clock but the guy must have drove it by remote control, as the car is near perfect. completely stock - all service done at dealer.
I am interested in susp. info. and not seeing much for the SX.
any input is appreciated:
1) Is the SX susp. same as sedan?
2) what are factory spring rates?
The car will run at local autox events and possibly trackdays (I am a bit concerned with a hi mileage motor at a track event though)
This is my first A/T car in 37+ years of driving - I am not real impressed with the shifting of this car - granted I have zero experience. Improvements?
lastly, the car has a bit of hesitation -particularly when cold - when accelerating from a dead stop.(not a hard accel just normal) ideas?
MAF cleaned and assume early 01 known problem does not apply here.
If this info is on this site please reply saying so - not wanting to be a lazy noob here. just haven't seen it with a search.
rjm

·
Registered
838 Posts
I will try to answer most of your questions

1. same shocks, probably same front springs, different rear springs, the rest of the suspension parts i believe to be identical.
2. I dont actually know the spring rates, but i do know that h&r makes lowering springs to match sportcross spring rates, could possibly find spring rates on there site.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Curran,I'll do some digging there-- I see you have 5 speed - did you do this swap yourself? What hp are you getting with this stage II thing?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Yes I did the swap myself. Stage II refers to the package from l-tuned which ads suspension to the appearance package. The ltuned exhaust is suppose to ad 8hp but basically at stock power levels.

Btw the sportcross FAQ could probably answer some questions.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Congrats on pick up.

Stock spring rates is in the 225-250ish. Like Curran mentioned...I only know of the H&R springs that offer specifically for Sportx. You can always do custom spring rates with Figs (vendor on here). All suspension parts are interchangeable with sedan.

If you already cleaned your MAF, try cleaning out the throttle body and plate. I would also run through some Seafoam to the brake boost and PCV valve. I am assuming service is up to date....or I would suggest tune up, of course.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have H&R springs for sale if interested pm me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts