Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an '02 Sportcross. It is tight, low & I love it. Anyway, it is still under warranty & I took it in to the dealer 'cause the sub was not working. It turns out that the subwoofer is missing! The dealer will not replace it & they want over $600 for a new one.

I am not going to pay that so, I was wondering if any of you know of an aftermarket sub that will fit?

Do any of you know what size sub goes in the back?

Do any of you know where I can buy a replacement?

Does anyone have a diagram/instructions on how to access the subwoofer space in the trunk?

I do not want to get an additional box in the back as I do cherish the albeit small, cargo space.

Thank you & best,

MFR

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I didn't know the sportcross had a sub.

Typically, stock subs run at 8ohms and those are hard to find unless you go on ebay.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
the sub is nestled above the wheel arch and is invisible from the inside except for a small speaker grill in the plastic interior panel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can someone please give me specs????

I really need to get a sub in my sport-cross :(

can anyone give me the specs on it so that I can replace it w/ an after market (or know where I can get specs?)? Has anyone taken there's out?

Best,

MFR

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
I would just open it up measure the space and go from there or ask the dealer

·
8,880 Posts
Most info on Sport-X you will find HERE. I'm not sure what specs the sub is. I would guess it to be 4 ohm, but don't hold me to it. Measure its size (8"?) and you should be able to find a nice aftermarket replacement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts