Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

Quick question for a sportcross owner with 5 minutes. My fiance and I are seriously considering picking up a Sportcross, but part of our intent is to use the back (seats down) to sleep in while doing road trips & over-nighters out of town. Could anyone confirm that a twin mattress will fit in the flat space in the back? I believe that the front seats will have to be moved up a bit, but wondering if it is still feasible width-wise and with the seats up.

Thanks!
-Patrick

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't have any measurements, but I doubt you'll have enough width between the shock towers. The wheels in the picture have 25" tires on them. The one that's between the shock towers has about 5" of clearance on the passenger's side, so you're looking around 30" between the two towers where a twin mattress is closer to 40" i believe.

Attachments

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
That's so romantic! My girl and I are travelers too and have been spending a lot of time in the Sportcross.

I'll take measurements tomorrow when I get the car back from the shop. Two people can definitely fit but you may want to consider something more forgiving like a futon cushion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perfect, thanks for the pics! And thanks blkdout - looking forward to finding out what the actual measurements are! Even if it turns out a few inches too skinny between the pillars, I'm thinking that if it's still close, we could wedge a memory foam mattress in there without much trouble.

I just feel silly for not actually taking the measurements when I checked out a sportcross locally.

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Sorry for the delay! I just got the car back a couple hours ago. Took longer in the shop than expected.

Looks like ~33.5" is going to be the max:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts