Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm toying with the idea of selling my Sportcross. I'm not really sure how to price it because the used car market is crazy and so few Sportcrosses are for sale. It has 206K and I just did the timing belt/water pump/ seals. Mechanically it is in great shape, although I get an occasional CEL for the evap system. The body is straight, but I would call the exterior condition fair - it had a crappy silver respray when I got it. It looks fine from 10 feet away, but definitely a poor paint job (over the factory silver). I still have no idea why, although it clearly had been in an accident in the front corner at some point. Interior is in good shape for the miles except for the sticky dash. I think if I priced it at $4K it would sell quick. But I'm thinking that may even be too low in this market. I'm also not sure I want to deal with craigslist or Facebook, so I would probably list it here and other forums I frequent.

My son just turned 16 and will get his license in the next couple months. He likes the car, but it is just a car to him. That's fine, but if a car is just an appliance to him I would just assume he drive a newer car. I appreciate any input.

·
Registered
2005 Lexus IS300
113 Posts
I'm toying with the idea of selling my Sportcross. I'm not really sure how to price it because the used car market is crazy and so few Sportcrosses are for sale. It has 206K and I just did the timing belt/water pump/ seals. Mechanically it is in great shape, although I get an occasional CEL for the evap system. The body is straight, but I would call the exterior condition fair - it had a crappy silver respray when I got it. It looks fine from 10 feet away, but definitely a poor paint job (over the factory silver). I still have no idea why, although it clearly had been in an accident in the front corner at some point. Interior is in good shape for the miles except for the sticky dash. I think if I priced it at $4K it would sell quick. But I'm thinking that may even be too low in this market. I'm also not sure I want to deal with craigslist or Facebook, so I would probably list it here and other forums I frequent.

My son just turned 16 and will get his license in the next couple months. He likes the car, but it is just a car to him. That's fine, but if a car is just an appliance to him I would just assume he drive a newer car. I appreciate any input.
post it for 6.5 k and expect to get 5.5k to 6.5k. to be honest if your son doesn't like the enthusiast part of the car getting him something new might be better mainly due to gas mileage and rwd.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
post it for 6.5 k and expect to get 5.5k to 6.5k. to be honest if your son doesn't like the enthusiast part of the car getting him something new might be better mainly due to gas mileage and rwd.
That's basically my thinking. As reliable as these cars are, it may be better to get him something he only needs to fill with gas and do oil changes. Weather isn't a huge issue here in VA, but we live up a hill and there are some days where I know the Sportcross won't make it back up the hill due to snow/ice.

I'm not looking to squeeze every penny out of it. I would be more interested in a quick sale, but don't want to leave a couple grand on the table. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
2005 Lexus IS300
113 Posts
That's basically my thinking. As reliable as these cars are, it may be better to get him something he only needs to fill with gas and do oil changes. Weather isn't a huge issue here in VA, but we live up a hill and there are some days where I know the Sportcross won't make it back up the hill due to snow/ice.

I'm not looking to squeeze every penny out of it. I would be more interested in a quick sale, but don't want to leave a couple grand on the table. Thanks for the input!
I recently seen a bunch of decent sportcross sell for a min of 5k even with higher mileage and salvage title. Personally I wouldn't take less than 6k even for a quick sale.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I have decided I am going to sell it. I figure I will list it for $5K and it should hopefully sell pretty quick at that price. I might list it at $5.5K, because some people just feel the need to haggle. But hopefully it will sell quick at that price with both sides happy. Then I will probably buy a Honda Fit for $10K as the second car. At some point, it will end up being my son's and I can get a fun car for me at that point. Thanks for the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts