Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I’m in the process of removing all my interior pieces on my 02 sportcross to repaint to black and there is ONE thing stopping me from being done with the removal and it’s some type of wiring harness. I’ll attach some pictures to get a better understanding. I tried looking for a connector along the harness but couldn’t find anything. I wanted to know if it’s possible to unplug without doing any damage or should I just call it quits. Thank you for your time.
Hood Green Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Green Hood Automotive tire Wood Automotive lighting

·
Mr. Roo
10,270 Posts
Hmm, the ceiling wire harness. I was able to remove mine. Try removing the A-pillar cover first? I'm pretty sure that wire has to be unplugged all the way down by the fuse box.

I have this old picture from when I removed mine, and I can see the whole harness is still attached to the headliner there in the back.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, the ceiling wire harness. I was able to remove mine. Try removing the A-pillar cover first? I'm pretty sure that wire has to be unplugged all the way down by the fuse box.

I have this old picture from when I removed mine, and I can see the whole harness is still attached to the headliner there in the back.

View attachment 138414
I appreciate the info! I’ll try and remove the pillar tomorrow and see if I can find a connector.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: instead of finding a pigtail connector, or whatever you call it. I decided to heat up the glue holding the harness to the ceiling and carefully remove it with a razor blade.
Only touching the glue and making sure no wires are cut. Now I can properly paint it
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Green Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Crankset

·
Registered
783 Posts
The ribbon harness is for the curtain airbags that run up the A-pillar. I wouldn't cut those if I were you. If you don't want to put them back, you could run a resistor to spoof the airbag computer.

·
Mr. Roo
10,270 Posts
Well I suppose that's one way to do it... the long way! You said you were taking all of the interior out, so I figured you'd already be removing the pillars. Are you going to paint the headliner, but not the pillars? Good luck getting all that spaghetti back where it goes!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Totally unrelated, but would you sell your yellow sportcross? I'll pay what you want for it, really want a factory yellow sportcross. Don't care if it's high mileage, or anything wrong about it, as long as the car is factory yellow, and the body is intact. Lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
Totally unrelated, but would you sell your yellow sportcross? I'll pay what you want for it, really want a factory yellow sportcross. Don't care if it's high mileage, or anything wrong about it, as long as the car is factory yellow, and the body is intact. Lol
Wait I just saw you want to repaint it black, if you do I have a black sportcross we could trade for, seriously don't repaint a 1 of 78 yellow sportcross to black. They made around 300 in black, half of which were tan interior. I have a black interior w leather.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait I just saw you want to repaint it black, if you do I have a black sportcross we could trade for, seriously don't repaint a 1 of 78 yellow sportcross to black. They made around 300 in black, half of which were tan interior. I have a black interior w leather.
aww man I’m really sorry but I’m not selling her, plus I just finished painting most of her interior to black
Just couldn’t do the pillars and sun visor yet. But I can promise you I will not change her factory yellow body to black.
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Yellow
Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Hood Automotive mirror

·
Registered
85 Posts
aww man I’m really sorry but I’m not selling her, plus I just finished painting most of her interior to black
Just couldn’t do the pillars and sun visor yet. But I can promise you I will not change her factory yellow body to black.
View attachment 138442 View attachment 138443
Not a problem man, sure you'll love it! If you ever do sell lol I'll be the first buyer, whenever it is, even if years from now..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts