Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife crunched it this afternoon, ran into the back of landcruiser.
it does not look too bad, but car would not start and run, AC was leaking somewhere, Radiator was pushed almost to the pulleys.

My wife is fine.
But the sportcross could be done for.
180k miles black.

Very interested to see how much insurance is going to offer if they total it.

If i decide to not search for another IS, what cars would you guys/gals consider?

·
Mr. Roo
9,723 Posts
If you really like the car, it's a relatively straightforward fix with a donor front end. I just bought an Altezza front clip and had a shop replace the front end when I wiped out on a guard rail. It will cost you though. I'd expect about $3-$4k if it's totalled. My front end repair cost a lot more than that. I'm currently trying to replace mine with a CT200h.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
532 Posts
Another one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Insurance is going to salvage car.
So I am on the hunt for a new used car.
It took me a long time to find this car, I dont think I am willing to do that again.
A west coast clean car that is stock will be a unicorn with around 150k miles or less

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I am tempted to purchase car back with salvage title. One of concerns Is that engined died on impact. Fifteen or so minutes later, we attempted to start car, car turned over sputtered and died .
What frontal damage would cause this issue ?
049281F0-7A71-4092-831E-A46BC1ED5883.jpeg
049281F0-7A71-4092-831E-A46BC1ED5883.jpeg

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
532 Posts
Yep MAF wires, maybe intake tube got broken or became loose. Radiator fans and such could be jammed up into the ancillaries.

Reactions: TobiasSing
1 - 7 of 7 Posts