Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2004 Sportcross I am possibly selling to another individual. The car is in awesome condition, has only 23,000 miles and was garage kept until 2009. Nothing has ever been done to this car. My problem lies in the fact that the car is pretty rare but the resale value is not so good. I haven't seen another one for sale with that low of miles. Does anyone have a clue if I should hold out for more than blue book? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
That is indeed a very low mileage Sportcross.

If I were you...I would keep it and start modding! =) LOL

On a serious note...I would try and sell it higher than what the KBB value says. For a few reasons:

Very low mileage
Rare vehicle (about 3,000 Sportcrosses sold)
Mint condition ( as you stated)

What options do you have?
Heated seats? Navi? ect...full leather interior? Exterior color?

For reference, I bought my 2005 Sportcross with about 29K miles almost 1 year ago for 21,xxxx after tax. I was willing to pay more because of what it was...a rare Lexus wagon.

This should be discussed in the Sportcross forum, I know fellow sportcrossers would want to chime in on this...

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
To your average conusmer you are going to be screwed. For the couple of nuts out there like a few who dig on wierd cars/wagons, like on this board you might hit the jackpot. Then again we are some cheapskates, so you may be screwed all around. :lol:

·
Registered
278 Posts
you should hold out for more. my wife and i looked long and hard for an 2005 is300 (it was as sedan) with only 13k miles.. we were willing to pay more because of the low mileage. so i dont see why having a rare car with low mileage is any different. how much over KBB did you want to price it?

·
Registered
877 Posts
if a buyer is looking for a sportcross, they know what they are doing/looking....ahhhaha
and they know once the chance is gone.......is gone....

what colour is it??

for me.... i cant sleep the nite before i pick up the car.......(yes i m nuts), even i know i m paying more.....but do i have a choice?????

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree. KBB is a joke on the Sportcross! I just picked up an '02 with 55k on it in perfect condition for $14,500. It was tough to find financing for it because the banks were saying it's booking at about $10,500! Just stupid! The Sportcross is an awesome car and totally worth the $14,500...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.