Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's been awhile since i've posted...

my 2006 smoky granite is350 is currently at the dealer since about every 10th time I've started the car (foot on brake), it makes a pretty loud rattling sound for about 2 seconds - kind of like the awful sound a starter makes when you hold the key for too long (which obviously isn't the case here since I don't have a key). has anyone else had this problem?

they've been holding onto my car for a few days trying to replicate the problem... the rep has been great about it and says that it's better to fix it now before it could lead to something worse. the shop forum says that he cannot replicate the problem...

in other awful news, something must have dripped onto the passenger side of my car and ate away at the paint :( it looks like brownish drip marks. the guy who details my car says that it probably happened in a public garage... have not yet gotten an estimate for the damage.

will upload pics later!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Strangely enough, I heard this the other day. Sounded pretty harsh, but was only able to reproduce it once since then. I would also liken it the starter holding for just a second too long. I planned on asking about it at my next oil change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts