Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey....

Ok. I finally got my IS yesterday. I decided for the Spectra Blue with the graphite wheels. So far I love the car however on the way home I noticed the "spongy" feeling when I hit the breaks. After reading the posts on here I knew there was something wrong. So today I took it back the dealership and told them the breaks were feeling "spongy". He looked at me immediately and acted like he knew exactly what I was talking bout. However, he said that the problem was only on the first batch of my cars and mine wouldnt be a problem. I refused to leave until he took a look. He got a guy to drive in and guess what? They were messed up and needed to be worked on. They had to "bleed" them or whatever. He quickly appologized for questioning me and got it fixed within the hour. So my warning to EVERYONE. Go take your car and get it checked out. He said it could lead to major problems in the future. Thanks guys for all the info

K

·
Registered
591 Posts
Originally posted by LA Z K:
They had to "bleed" them or whatever. He quickly appologized for questioning me and got it fixed within the hour. So my warning to EVERYONE. Go take your car and get it checked out. He said it could lead to major problems in the future. Thanks guys for all the info

K
LAZK,

Can you please do us a Favor??
Would you get in your car, start it, put it in drive, and push on the brakes.
Now could you measure approx. how many inches if any your pedal traveled before it resisted?
Im getting a little paranoid about the wife's car. And you just having your's repaired would make us feel alot better to get this info from you. I don't really KNOW what Spongy brakes feel like. The brakes in the car are AWESOME, but still, can you help us out??

Thanks In Advance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Try drive it a bit since you car is very new. Some parts(Tires, Brake Pads) need break-in periods before they can perform at 100%. Give it a month or so, and if the brake still feel spongy, then take it back to dealer.

Andy Kuo

·
Registered
23 Posts
Please contact me, I would like you to please fax the service receipt for the brake work. Thank you,
[email protected]

Originally posted by LA Z K:
Hey....

Ok. I finally got my IS yesterday. I decided for the Spectra Blue with the graphite wheels. So far I love the car however on the way home I noticed the "spongy" feeling when I hit the breaks. After reading the posts on here I knew there was something wrong. So today I took it back the dealership and told them the breaks were feeling "spongy". He looked at me immediately and acted like he knew exactly what I was talking bout. However, he said that the problem was only on the first batch of my cars and mine wouldnt be a problem. I refused to leave until he took a look. He got a guy to drive in and guess what? They were messed up and needed to be worked on. They had to "bleed" them or whatever. He quickly appologized for questioning me and got it fixed within the hour. So my warning to EVERYONE. Go take your car and get it checked out. He said it could lead to major problems in the future. Thanks guys for all the info

K

[This message has been edited by htmltag (edited August 29, 2000).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts