Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Nooooooooooo.
In my opionion, that style of spoiler doesnt' look all that hot on an IS. Just get a stock one from the dealer. If they looked good the dealers would still be putting those on but they dont. That style I mean. It ruins the lines of the IS. Just my opinion. This could be an east coast west coast type thing.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
thedon said:
Nooooooooooo.
In my opionion, that style of spoiler doesnt' look all that hot on an IS. Just get a stock one from the dealer. If they looked good the dealers would still be putting those on but they dont. That style I mean. It ruins the lines of the IS. Just my opinion. This could be an east coast west coast type thing.
Well, when I got my car May 2002, it had the spoiler on it..I was never a big fan of it, and even posted on here way back when about changing to a 2002/03 stock spoiler, or even the TRD/L-tuned...what about that style with my l-tuned kit?!?!?!? Its kinda grown on me...maybe one day i'll change it... 8)

·
Registered
378 Posts

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
cnilu said:
tripberger said:
I was thinking the same thing now that I look at it. I think I am going to go with the factory style wing they offer. Does anyone have any opinion on it? Thanks, here is the link to the one I want, is 139+ paint to much?

link - http://www.spoilerdepot.com/Catalog.asp?A=20&S=07134.jpg&idProduct=10&idMakeTemp=&idModelTemp=&idB=
your 04 IS doesn't come with the spoiler?
I thought no E-shift IS's come with a spoiler from the factory??? since the 3rd brakelight is on the inside...and only 5 speed IS's have the lip spoiler?? Maybe I'm wrong, thats what I've been lead to believe...

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
tsopranomb, i have to agree with thedon on this one.. the gs spoiler doesn't look right on the IS

your car would look EVEN better with a stock 02,trd, or l-tuned spoiler on there..

just my opinion

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
irv_usc said:
tsopranomb, i have to agree with thedon on this one.. the gs spoiler doesn't look right on the IS

your car would look EVEN better with a stock 02,trd, or l-tuned spoiler on there..

just my opinion
Irv, I agree with you....its always bugged me!!! :pissed:

come the summer time, I'll definatly be getting a new one.... 8)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome info! I will look into the stock 02, TRD and L-tuned spoilers? Can anyone direct me in a good direction to look at them? My 04 e-shirt has a 3rd brake light inside and no spoiler, darn it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
spoiler

tripberger said:
Awesome info! I will look into the stock 02, TRD and L-tuned spoilers? Can anyone direct me in a good direction to look at them? My 04 e-shirt has a 3rd brake light inside and no spoiler, darn it.
I bought the one you like. $161 shipped and painted from Spoilerdepot.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.