Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the pictures of the 2 types of spoilers for the IS300

This is the factory spoiler that is smaller and merely enhances the look of the car

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=845774&a=7215480&p=24563847

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=845774&a=7215480&p=24563909

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=845774&a=7215480&p=24563940

This is the larger spoiler (aftermarket) that is similar to the GS400 spoiler.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=845774&a=7215480&p=24563812

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=845774&a=7215480&p=24563814

Let me know which you all like best. I can't make up my mind.

Thanks,

------------------
Booker
2k Celica GTS
'95 Maxima

[This message has been edited by booker (edited July 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
55 Posts
i would go for the larger spoiler. the smaller one look like a hump on the trunk.

btw how much do they cost.

[This message has been edited by Spectra300 (edited July 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer told me they each cost the same price - $695.

------------------
Booker
2k Celica GTS
'95 Maxima

·
Registered
111 Posts
Does that price include installation?

BTW, what camera did you use to take these? They are really nice. Just curious, I'm in the market for a digital camera and these pictures are sweet!

[This message has been edited by Rich (edited July 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
666 Posts
wait a minute...why did the dealer tell me there is no factory installed spoiler currently available for this car?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the $695 is the installed price

I recently bought a Sony Cybershot DSC S-70, and am Very happy with it.

Most of these pictures are at the low to mid-range resolution for this camera.

------------------
Booker
2k Celica GTS
'95 Maxima

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm not sure if I like either.

------------------
-eyeball motorsport-

[This message has been edited by VIOLATION (edited July 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
259 Posts
There have to be so many parts available that can come over from the JDM Altezza, that choosing a spoiler shouldnt be an issue! You guys oughta have 100 to choose from...

Those are both understated, which is good in some ppl's opinions, its what they want.

But if I were an IS owner, I wouldnt get either. I'd wait to do a kit and a wing at the same time, so the wing would match the kit's lines... often you can not simply add a wing without a ground effects kit, because the wing will look overdone without the theme of agressiveness running throughout the whole car.

It may sound like overanalysis, but its what a lot of people think but can't quite put a finger on.

------------------
Kenny
3.2 TL

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Smaller one and NO fourth brake light. Remove that dang third brake light in the speaker bay if you have a spoiler with a light in it. How cheesy.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i would say wait up for now too 'cuz it looks nice without the wing...
adding a factory wing from a factory is more expensive too... u can get it at least 1/2 price at any performance shop...
but if u have to choose, the larger one probably looks better to me... good luck.

·
Registered
171 Posts
booker, can you take a side view shot of the IS with the small spoiler. I'd like to see how streamline the spoiler is with the whole car.

Based on what you have currently shown, the larger wing looks good. The side view pic of the white IS shows how the wing extends the wedge shape of the car all the way to the tail -- very nice! Gives the car a sleek aggressive look.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The small spoiler is nice. It does add a touch of sportiness. Definitely not flashy like the larger one. If you want people to stare at your bad a$$ car, go for the larger wing. If you feel like the tail is missing something but you don't want to stand out, go for the smaller one. The car looks nice on it's own. It is a matter of how much attention do you want?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Both look plain and as if they were universal cheap stuff that you find on 80ish corolla and civic. I don't think they are genuine Lexus parts. It is very possible that your dealer got them from J.C.Whitney or places of that sort, slapped it on and called it "factory parts". Neither one seem to form continuity w/ the car.
I would be suprised if you find more than 2 dealers within your nearby states that offer those exact same wings.
I recommend choose one of 100's avail. at your local soup shop.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Hmph, I thought the opposite. I would elect to go with no spoiler.

Originally posted by yamaot:
The small one looks cheezy, the large one looks badass!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
12 Participants
shadoh6
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing