Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I recently purchased a SBM IS300 and was contemplating installing a factory spoiler for $500. I noticed however, that a great deal of the IS300s that I have seen don't have spoilers on them. I was wondering why this is? Is it tacky? I saw a silver IS with them, and I thought it looked good.
BTW, I am a recent college grad and am starting my professional career soon, so I want a car that is different, eye-catching, and also classy. Therefore, I don't plan on doing a lot of changes to my car.
I could sure use some input as to whether the spoiler would be a nice, classy addition to my IS. I know it's up to my personal preferences, but I would like to hear everyone's opinions.

In addition, I have heard that there is an factory aluminum interior kit that can be installed. I was wondering how many people bought that, how much it is, and if it is another good way to go to make my car look unique.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
aluminum kits have been a mystery, some said they got them, but still no pictures, spoilers aren't widely available and don't do much for performance (unless u count reducing MPG) and a lot of owners don't want to drill holes in their new car...i don't see putting a spoiler on my SBM yet but another forum member is getting what is called the "OEM" spoiler and he is gonna call me when he gets his IS and then i'll see for myself...just whatever tickles your pickle...remember, once its installed, it's there for good, unless u wanna refill holes with bondo...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'll have pics of my "factory" spoiler next week. The spoiler looks like the GS spoiler just smaller to fit the IS. I think it looks great....great fit and sporty. Not too big, not too small.

Mark

·
Registered
511 Posts
The factory spolier isnt so hot... it doesnt come right to the edge of the body but rather stops at both ends of the trunk. I dont like that style of spoiler... My dealr was nice enough to install any spoiler of my choice... painted and everything.. i just got the manufacturer name and model of the spoiler, and they were happy to locate it and install it for me. I like the RS type spoilers ... low profile but wrap around. kind of like the old E Class AMG look. Pick a spoiler off the image gallery or something and ask your dealer to get it for you. I chose spoiler on jpg.14 i think

As for the Aluminum kit... don't waste your time...If your hoping for your interior to look like the Audi TT. Think again. (I did) I was convinced on the aluminum kit -- it sounded nice. When i saw it.. each piece of aluminum was cover with so much plastic it looked like a knock off pep boys accessory! (no Joke) Its a nice idea but NOT the aluminum i had in mind. I went for the carbon fiber kit instead. It looks nice with the black interior. I was hoping it was gonna look like my old brushed aluminum shift knob. But i figured that would get scratched way too easily.. Oh well maybe somethin new will come out soon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts