Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get the stock spoiler off? Do I just need to get that carpeted part off the inside of the trunk and there are some screws or what?? HELP!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
I just took mine off tonight. You will need to remove all the little plastic studs that hold the carpet in place. You can use a medium sized zip tie to take them off (stick it through and then pull it off with one quick force). Then you will see two 10mm bolts, one on each side. Take those off then close the trunk. What I did is have one of my buddies slowly pry up the spoiler while I took a hook tool to tear away at the double sided tape. GL. Just remember, patience!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
gocar said:
I just took mine off tonight. You will need to remove all the little plastic studs that hold the carpet in place. You can use a medium sized zip tie to take them off (stick it through and then pull it off with one quick force). Then you will see two 10mm bolts, one on each side. Take those off then close the trunk. What I did is have one of my buddies slowly pry up the spoiler while I took a hook tool to tear away at the double sided tape. GL. Just remember, patience!
how many holes will be exposed after you take the stock spoiler off? will the trd CF spoiler cover up the factory holes?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Umm.. i'd say 2 and a half. It also depends on which stock spoiler you have on. I had the lip spoiler and it came up a lot farther than the my TRD.

I took some pictures for you guys...

I used little plastic covers (interior clips off mistubishi) and painted then with touch up paint. Looks alright but definately could tell it was brushed when up close.

Hopefully this helps.

Reactions: ucdvwchan

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
^thanks gocar for the pics...the photos answer my questions completely..
+rep

1 - 5 of 5 Posts