Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
does a 350 look good wit a spoiler or without a spoiler?
I think it looks good both ways, and I also think it's a complete matter of personal preference.

...Though I guess the spoiler would help your aerodynamics giving you maybe +2-5HP...

·
Registered
18 Posts
the spoiler is mostly a aesthetic thing... it doesn't add horsepower but it would help with aerodynamics but you probably wouldn't even be going fast enough for it to make a difference...

And also your question is really a personal one, many people on this forum will have different view on how it looks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I say spoiler because most for the IS are so small anyway

·
Registered
161 Posts
the spoiler is mostly a aesthetic thing... it doesn't add horsepower but it would help with aerodynamics but you probably wouldn't even be going fast enough for it to make a difference...
As to not tarnish my reputation, I was only kidding with my comment about aerodynamics :) Typical forum sarcastic/asshole comments...

·
Registered
8 Posts
As to not tarnish my reputation, I was only kidding with my comment about aerodynamics :) Typical forum sarcastic/asshole comments...
dyno's actually show that the spoiler does in fact add 3rwhp on the 250, but takes away 2rwhp on the 350

but for real, I like the spoiler. reminds me of the lip available on the e46 m3

·
Registered
70 Posts
yeah i think it looks better with the spoiler... but again its my personal preference. ;)

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Whereas I thought it looked better without and ordered mine that way... it's very much a preference thing though... likewise I vastly prefer 5-spoke wheels but some folks love the lexus optional wheels that look way too busy for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts