Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am thinknig about getting a spoiler put on my 01 IS, with a light, and i was wandering if when they do that can they take the light it has in it now(next to the speaker boxes) out?

My friend has one that came when he bought it and his didnt even have the rear brake light. The reason i dont want it is because it makes noise when i have my system on. That whole back tray does which i hate but this would elimiate some of it...

Let me know thanks!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know it will be unplugged, but is there a way to not have the light housing there at all??? or does that involve buying all new rear deck parts?

·
Registered
589 Posts
IS300Sam said:
yeah i know it will be unplugged, but is there a way to not have the light housing there at all??? or does that involve buying all new rear deck parts?
You can remove the third brake light but there will be a hole in the rear shelf. Some people on the forum have just gotten color matching carpet and put over that hole or you can buy a new rear shelf. A new rear shelf is a couple hundred dollars.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.