Lexus IS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiralMax Vortex Generators

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  IS300GTE 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever tried the SpiralMax Vortex generator, or a similar product like the "Tornado"? They supposedly increase power by up to 35 hp, and increase fuel efficiency by improving the fuel/air mix. Is this product just a scam, or has someone tried it?

#2 ·
Complete scam, but that would've been apparent with a quick search of the recent discussions of this forum. It's a topic beaten to death and then some because every once in awhile a new member thinks that they found something new that nobody besides themselves could have possibly stumbled across, considered, or discussed ad nauseum previously. So then he starts up a new thread about it because everyone must absolutely want to rehash everything that has already been said about it again, and again, and again. :wink:

#5 ·
I did a search of the "go fast" forum, and i find it curious that everyone has such strong opinions about this product, but no one seems to be able to back it up with any proof via dyno testing. Im not saying that this product is good or bad, but would'nt it be more prudent to provide support for our opinions? Perhaps the mob mentality truly is king here on is300.net.

#6 ·
popolo said:
I did a search of the "go fast" forum, and i find it curious that everyone has such strong opinions about this product, but no one seems to be able to back it up with any proof via dyno testing. Im not saying that this product is good or bad, but would'nt it be more prudent to provide support for our opinions? Perhaps the mob mentality truly is king here on is300.net.
No, it's called a deeper understanding how things work.

Some of us don't need dynos to show ourselves that trying to use soapy water instead of motor oil to lubricate the engine in an attempt to lower drag is *kind of* a bad idea. I also know that it is *probably* a bad idea to use acrylamide as a cocktail chaser.

Have I tried to quantitate either of these effects?

No.

Does anyone with half a brain need to?

No.

Or better yet, waste your own money and quit bitching about how nobody else wasted their money to provide you a conclusion about something obvious and ridiculous.

#7 ·
silence poopoo

.... oh, and next time you post, search first and save the site owners some bandwidth

popolo said:
Has anyone ever tried the SpiralMax Vortex generator, or a similar product like the "Tornado"? They supposedly increase power by up to 35 hp, and increase fuel efficiency by improving the fuel/air mix. Is this product just a scam, or has someone tried it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.