Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm gettin' me a 2001 IS in a few weeks...anybody ever seen or put spinners on one? would this be a stupid idea? any feedback would be appreciated! thx

·
Registered
42 Posts
I personally don't like most of the spinners. There are a few I do like. They look better on suvs and big trucks imo.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
I saw spinners on an Explorer yesterday, it looked very tacky but to each their own. I personally wouldn't put them on an IS unless they were sponsoring me.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I think they wouldn't be terrible. To each his own I guess. I am interested in seeing how they look.

To be honest thats whatI was going to do when I got my IS, but I think you up tight .net bastards kept from the airbags and spinners!!

BTW My Axis MOD's (19/20) from is3304me are being shipped as we speak!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
i've already seen two is300's (1 black, 1 white) with spinners here in houston. they were parked next to each other at starbucks.. so i figured they were friends.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Badman Forever said:
i've already seen two is300's (1 black, 1 white) with spinners here in houston. they were parked next to each other at starbucks.. so i figured they were friends.
haha starbucks, good wheels but bad coffee......

Matt 8)

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
i saw some spinners on a black S benz last night...it looked pretty sick...it just depends on what the spinners look like etc...they can be tacky, they can also look good

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
most spinners are adaptors. so. with an IS300 having relative small dish wheels it will for sure stick out.

Saw an IS300 with spinner before.. it did stick out. Look is not very pleasing.

With that kind of cash for spinners. I rather have some Volks.

an issue to consider is that the rotational mass for the spinner will make your ride rougher. The physic of it is that the mass will affect suspension in its ability to react to bumps. but who am I to talk.. I have Tein HA.

Best leave spinners for SUV or Trucks.spinner looks better on 20"+ anyways. IMHO..

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Say a big YES to the spinners! And everyone who looks at your wheels will end up looking like this. :crazy:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts