Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well about half a cups worth is spilled on my seat. How do I go about cleaning it. Basically there's no stain but the fake suede is all hard now. Suggestions please.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
I think Lexus sells some stuff for that...I'd check with the dealer's part department for suggestions...you should use a "tippy cup" next time.

Good luck

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer told me to use 409 cause it doesn't have alchol in it and then put some leather conditioner on the suede after. Not sure if their steps are correct. Don't want to mess up my Suede you know.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well, you already messed it up!

Don't use leather conditioner on non-leather products, just like you wouldn't use Armor-All on leather.

Sorry I can't make a positive suggestion, but you sure don't want it worse, do ya?

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Go get some leather cleaner and after using it use some conditioner, use the conditioner sparingly and it should come back to as good as new. However you should not delay.

Originally posted by FullyLoaded:
Well about half a cups worth is spilled on my seat. How do I go about cleaning it. Basically there's no stain but the fake suede is all hard now. Suggestions please.

·
Registered
205 Posts
mkaufman is correct, it's NOT real leather. It is a high-grade fabric made to feel like suede. You can clean it like any other cloth interior.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
The Ecsaine materail is NOT leather, 409 will work fine, I would clean with 409 and a clean 100% cotton cloth then rinse with clear water. If you have time and the inclination, you can douse it realy well with 409 and then rinse with clear water and extract with a shop vac.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Try Oxi Clean (spelling?) I spilled chop suey sauce on my front seat and used a mild mix of Oxi Clean. Good as new.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Was it ivory or black. I have ivory and am afraid of staining. If you got the coffee stain out of ivory, i'd feel much more comfortable with my future stain prospects.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lucky I got black cause I knew I was going to spill something or another. So no stain just smells like coffee and it's prob. soaked into the foam of the seat

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Lifter1 is the best I've ever used to remove stains and all around general cleaning. Makes my red cloth look like brand new...goes for about $3.

------------------
92 RS 25th Anniv.

·
Registered
192 Posts
exactly..use soap and water to clean it...then...buy those suede protectants from footlocker..and spray it on....you'll be fine....

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I have a better idea than 409 or leather cleaner.

Get a lawyer, say you burned your nuts with the coffee that was too hot, get several million in the settlement and buy new Recaro seats.

Sorry. Someone had to say it.

I wouldn't use leather cleaner or 409. I'd use plain old water. Keep using it. Just make sure you don't short out the heated seats somehow.

[This message has been edited by SophieSleeps (edited December 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
511 Posts
BUY "RESOLVE" cleaner in the spray bottle.. that stuff got Xmas tree sap off of my "suede on the rear door panels.. IT WORKS GREAT!!!!! ;D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts