Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
242 Posts
Well, you already messed it up!

Don't use leather conditioner on non-leather products, just like you wouldn't use Armor-All on leather.

Sorry I can't make a positive suggestion, but you sure don't want it worse, do ya?

· Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Go get some leather cleaner and after using it use some conditioner, use the conditioner sparingly and it should come back to as good as new. However you should not delay.

Originally posted by FullyLoaded:
Well about half a cups worth is spilled on my seat. How do I go about cleaning it. Basically there's no stain but the fake suede is all hard now. Suggestions please.

· Registered
2,372 Posts
The Ecsaine materail is NOT leather, 409 will work fine, I would clean with 409 and a clean 100% cotton cloth then rinse with clear water. If you have time and the inclination, you can douse it realy well with 409 and then rinse with clear water and extract with a shop vac.

· Registered
37,457 Posts
Lifter1 is the best I've ever used to remove stains and all around general cleaning. Makes my red cloth look like brand new...goes for about $3.

------------------
92 RS 25th Anniv.

· Podiatrist
22,491 Posts
I have a better idea than 409 or leather cleaner.

Get a lawyer, say you burned your nuts with the coffee that was too hot, get several million in the settlement and buy new Recaro seats.

Sorry. Someone had to say it.

I wouldn't use leather cleaner or 409. I'd use plain old water. Keep using it. Just make sure you don't short out the heated seats somehow.

[This message has been edited by SophieSleeps (edited December 18, 2000).]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.