Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ah, So much fun.. we need to see more IS's out there. There was another yellow IS300 there and that was it for the IS showing. A4 club and Club 4G (corolla drifters) were also there.

We got 4 session run in on Sat.

First session track was cold. 55 degree out. so the car felt really sloppy. Got better as the day got warmer.

Second session. Couple of cars totally locked up spin off to the dirt big time right in front of me.. I hope I wasn't pushing them too hard at the blind S's They really when off hard.. got into the dirt going backward. luckily not one rolled the car.

Lunch break was Skip pad runs and parade laps. I did a couple of skip pad runs. I do admit, I need a lot more practice on the controlling the car side ways..

Couple of casualties.. Eclipse 2G GSX. blew a motor at the front straight. MAN! painful to watch but spectacular .. Boom!!!! white smoke was coming out from all the gap in the hood. smoke also came of of the front grill and bottom of the car. Nastiest stuff I ever seen. The guy rolled down the track with small fire under the car. Safety truck quickly got to the scene and put out the fire.

Turbo Civic went off and lost the front airdamn and grill. and a integra broke something and called it a day.

Please note. These guys were running way too hard. and if you go you can always stay at a pace you are comfortable with.. Just let poeple pass you on the straights.

My friend was filming so I'm hoping to host some videos soon. Sorry didn't catch the eclispe blowing up. but bunch of drifting footage and skip pad footage.

Peace everyone and get out to the track. :D .

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
i was there too, except with the Audi :D i did the the Eclipse blew motor on my video...but never hosted any videos on here before...

but anyways, it was FUN!!! i will be going again in Jan. (the california speedway ) except this time with the IS :D

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve... if you can capture it in a file send it to me and I will host it. Make a copy of the tape and I will capture it into a mpeg file. People have to see this..

·
Registered
535 Posts

i was there with the civic also .. but did not run ...
was with my crew...
the "grey" integraR, white, blue civic... etc...

YellowIS5spd, do u know the other guy in the yellow IS ?
just wonder.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Re: ...

i thought u were bringing ur IS?

calcal said:
was with my crew...

just wonder.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
btw, did u guys notice dthat AUdi Crew? we had about 6 S4s, 4 A4s :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Re: ...

AltEzZa_S4 said:
i thought u were bringing ur IS?

calcal said:
was with my crew...

just wonder.
no la.. before i went .. my civic paint crack up so bad..
i was afraid ... that .. it will mess up the paint ... cuz willowspring is pretty rocky... if u spun out.
so i donno . i will use the civic.. but still having doubt for the IS.

yellowIS5spd, how is ur IS after each event ... any paint chip off ?
this is the only thing preventing me using the IS

·
Registered
535 Posts
AltEzZa_S4 said:

there were like a yellow S4 rite ? if i m not mistaken ..
the same one always in arcadia ?

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
nah that guy didn't go. lol but i know who the yellow S4 u are talking about. he dropped by our SGV Arcadia AU meet if u still remeber.

calcal said:
AltEzZa_S4 said:

there were like a yellow S4 rite ? if i m not mistaken ..
the same one always in arcadia ?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't really know the other Yellow IS. I just talked to him a little. His car is pretty new so it was pretty stock mechanically.

My paint was OK.. Only did a 2 wheel off once. And didn't follow people too closely.

I see the Audi guys leaving a layer of car wax on the car to protect the paint. you can try that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
4 Participants
YellowIS5spd
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing