Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but can anyone confirm if the ISx50s have electronic speedos? If so, is there a tool out there to lets you adjust the revs/mile?

Bonus points if it also lets you change some of the customization options.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but can anyone confirm if the ISx50s have electronic speedos? If so, is there a tool out there to lets you adjust the revs/mile?

Bonus points if it also lets you change some of the customization options.
The entire IS computer system is pretty untouchable... the (relatively) few things you can change like most of the LPS stuff, you need a techstream II, which is not cheap (the chinese knockoffs are like $1800-2000) and I don't think you can change the speedo calibration in there.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
You can change when the red circle around the Speed and Tach lights up by using the 3 buttons to the left of the steering wheel.
I don't think he's asking about that, sounded more like he wants to recalibrate for different tires.

The function you describe only changes when the lights light up, not revs/mile or anything functional.

Further, you can not change the red lights, only the orange ones

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't think he's asking about that, sounded more like he wants to recalibrate for different tires.

The function you describe only changes when the lights light up, not revs/mile or anything functional.

Further, you can not change the red lights, only the orange ones
You can change when the high speed red ring comes on, but I can't remember if you can get it to go away entirely. I hardly ever take the car into the triple digits, but I wanna say I played with it one day and ran the red speed warning ring all the way right...

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
You can change when the high speed red ring comes on, but I can't remember if you can get it to go away entirely. I hardly ever take the car into the triple digits, but I wanna say I played with it one day and ran the red speed warning ring all the way right...
You can not change the red ring.

It comes on at 100. Period.

Don't recall the rpm the red comes on for, but that's fixed as well.

You can adjust the orange ones though.

Really, check your owners manual if you don't believe me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.