Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help, my speedometer is not working, brake light stuck on, ABS light and Trac light flashes. Lexus says they rarley rarley have to replace the VSS, sounds like a loose wire somewhere. I can't figure it out! There have been other posts with the same problem but nobody has a solution.

·
Registered
415 Posts
You can run diagnostic of the abs/trac ecu without a scan tool, I'll look it up when I get home. essentially you jump 2 or 3 pins on the diagnostic plug and drive straight for about 100 feet and the abs light blinks for codes. I also had some success popping the sensors out on the wheel hubs and using a magnet and flashlight to clean off the sensor rotors. but start with the easy stuff, ie if you got stuck in the snow, check the sensors to see if they're cut or broken.

·
Banned
2 Posts
If your odometer is still working, then the speed sensing unit is still functioning and the problem is most likely your dash cluster. It is generally MUCH cheaper to swap in a second hand one, otherwise the manufacturer will charge you an absolute fortune.
Get a diagnosis done by the mechanic who will be fixing the problem for you first, lest you go and buy another cluster and find out that there is an intermediate part that has failed instead.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The odometer is still working, after thinking about it, I had this problem sorta before, but the opposite. Had the speedometer working and the odometer not. The problem went away for a couple months now this, so yes I will continue to trouble shoot, it's been a couple weeks so I don't think it will fix itself. Since others have had this same problem if I can figure it out I will post up. Will try the easy stuff first although it is kinda fun not knowing how fast you are driving. Thanks for the response it’s a big help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.