Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
At this point in time the power issue with the car is now my main concern, which I believe to be completely unrelated to anything in the gauge cluster, although I may be wrong.

·
Registered
38 Posts
tricky one say least maybe try new battery in fob if its got one and try to repair it other than that seems a nightmare of what ever is going on for sure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Funny thing is this isnt the original lexus Key fob, I don't have the original key or a fob at all. I have a Silca italy key with no controls on the key. Which leads me to think maybe thats the issue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
PROBLEM SOLVED :D. It would appear I had mistakenly removed the Front defroster fuse instead of the new A/C fuse I installed. After removing the A/C fuse the car is completely back to normal. Everything shuts off when its supposed to and my car's A/C is in perfect working condition despite not having an A/C. The previous owner must have screwed with the wiring, however I don't care, everything works now except the dash, so we're back to solving that now lol.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Oh wow, what the hell is going on there......

I'm afraid you are going to learn a lot about reading wiring schematics and using a DMM

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Interesting. While doing my timing belt today I realized one of the Abs wheel sensors is unplugged. Yet I have no ABS dash lights. Would a blown ABS relay prevent the lights from displaying on the dash?

·
Registered
38 Posts
More less yeah unless the bulb is blown fuse removed or bulb blown or tape over it. Least got other problems solved and was fuse sounds liek a lots been fucked round with on it to say least if connections unplugged fuses missing or removed etc

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So I'm currently dealing with the crankshaft bolt from hell. I've broken an impact extension, the old drive belt , as well as two chain pliers trying to loosen it. I went to harbor freight and blew $300+ on a good compressor and impact gun (585 lb-ft). The sun of a b*tch still won't come off. Any suggestions before I reluctantly submit my baby to a cold-hearted garage or dealer?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I sat there for like 2 minutes with my Milwaukee M18 wireless. Full power just hammering at it. Of course I was going crazy with the WD-40. That did the job for me. Not gonna lie the crank bolt was a bit beat up after that. I had to get another.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Alright I got some PB blaster, I'm gonna spray it ever hour, let it soak overnight and then try it tomorrow with a 6 foot breaker bar again. I hope that works

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Finally got the SOB out. Had to use the SST and a 7 foot cheater bar on my breaker. Can anyone tell me/ show me where the left and right front ABS sensors plug into? I searched my engine bay and can't find any unplugged connectors that would reach it or fit it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Aha, I removed my dash to check the lights and lo and behold, the BRAKE, TRAC OFF and ABS light are missing. I'll order those soon and go from there. It would also appear I have a complete absence of a connector to plug the ABS sensor in on my front passengers side.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Alright, wheel sensors are all on, everything is still the same. Question though, if I'm missing my Abs light, trac light etc, would that cause the speedometer to not function even if all wheel sensors were good? I've yet to test the sensors individually, I'll be doing that in the next few days.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Okay, I'm just gonna replace all of my wheel speed sensors. I purchased the driver front one, went to change it and the wiring harness pigtail is the male end instead of female and its also hap-harzardly taped together with electrical tape from the previous owner, lovely. Before I start soldering sh*t, can anyone tell me which color wire goes to which side of the connector? The connector thats on the harness side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m having a problem with my speedo and momentary fuel consumption gauge as well. I was rocking the car back and forth from R to D and all of a sudden it stopped working. No clue what it could be. Also next time you need to get that crank bolt, get your socket and breaker bar on there and twist it till the bar is wedged on something solid (remember reverse thread) and get in the car and turn it over as if you’re trying to start it. That’s how I got mine off when I replaced my harmonic balancer/ pulley.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts