Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Last night I was following my girlfriend's Corolla on the freeway. While we were talking to each other on our phones I looked at my speedometer and mentioned that we were going 80. She looks at her speedometer and saw 75. Soon we were wondering how fast we were really going on the freeway. Didn't really try any other speeds, just drove along.

When we were on city streets, though, I tell her that I had 45 on my speedometer and she said she was going 45 too.

What gives? I guess a radar gun might ultimately give the most accurate answer...? Just wondering...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Both stock wheel and tire sizes?

Also, as your tires wear the speedo can be off a couple MPH when you're driving 80.

A GPS or G-Tech could give you a good idea too.

My speedo reads almost 10MPH low at 80 - I found out with a radar gun too and it cost a couple hundred bucks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks for the info...funny finding that peeps were already talking about this just a couple of days ago, should've done a search =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
flip2dabone2000
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing