Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I have already searched and cannot come up with a specific answer. I have a 01 is300. Recently my speedometer and my odometer (trip a and b also) are not working. Could this be a VSS issue or cluster issue? I also noticed today after put gas that the fuel guage fluctuates a bit which never occured before. Some say that the VSS does not control the odometer, is this true? Thanks and this issue is already getting me tired. Thanks

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hello everyone, I have already searched and cannot come up with a specific answer. I have a 01 is300. Recently my speedometer and my odometer (trip a and b also) are not working. I already checked the fuses and they are fine. Could this be a VSS issue or cluster issue? I also noticed today after put gas that the fuel guage fluctuates a bit which never occured before. Some say that the VSS does not control the odometer, is this true? Thanks and this issue is already getting me tired. Thanks
try disconnecting the battery and putting the positive and negative connections together, hold for about 15 sec and put the battery back in.

·
Registered
434 Posts
That happend to me last year. It turned out that the speed sensor on the tranny was loose or something. keep in mind i have an 02 manual so i don't know if your auto has the same electrical stuff

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
When I pulled mine out to access the VSS wire, I put it back together and missed a plug on the back. It caused the same symptoms. I pulled it out and rechecked finding the missing plug had fallen into the dash away from the other plugs and wires.

I assume you have removed the speedo pod and checked all of the plugs on the back, just in case.

Digger08

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I havent checked the speedometer connections yet, I didnt think that was the issue since everything works minus the speedo/odo...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just replaced the speedometer and still same issue. Anyone know where the fuses are that control the speedometer? Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got my got the codes read and they are c1223 and c1224. Any ideas? Is this the abs pump or ecu?

·
Registered
3 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uYo1dfH...
This video explains the 3 simultaneous symptoms others have had and shows the process of how it’s fixed. Hope this helps everyone who may run into this issue.
3 issues are:
1. speedometer not moving
2. odometer digital display is blank
3. shifting is erratic while trying to accelerate

1 - 13 of 13 Posts