Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buttonwillow Raceway; August 23rd and 24th, 2003
Price: $130 one day; $220 two days ( + $30 instructor fee required for novices )

Duration: 2 days 5 hours of track time per group!**

Track: Buttonwillow Raceway (near Bakersfield)

Registration: Registration is open on the site: http://www.speedventures.net/event_forms.asp

Timing: Transponders are available for rental.

Event Info:

At 3 miles, Buttonwillow is the longest and most technical track in the Los Angeles area. With twenty-three turns, three elevation changes, the banked "Riverside" sweeper, and a perfect drift over "Lost Hill" (AKA "Magic Mountain"), Buttonwillow offers both a unique learning environment, and a challenge to advanced drivers. We will be running the full track in race configuration #1, clockwise on Saturday and configuration #25 Counter-Clockwise on Sunday. This track is a good place to run street cars, though we suggest that the Riverside turn should be approached at conservative speeds of 70-80 mph in cars without race rollover protection. The remainder of the turns on this track are moderate-speed (35 - 70mph). Turns have wide runoff areas, clear of major obstacles.

There will be four run groups at this event, in an effort to keep traffic light. click here for the schedule.

For track maps and registration see the event page: http://www.speedventures.net/8-23-2003_event.asp

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
i was just at Buttonwillows Performance driving clinic this past weekend. it is definately a very nice course!!! the riverside turn is kinda scary because its a long sweeper. i was taking it around 65-70mph. my instructor was taking it at 80 and scaring me. i cant believe that the description uses 80mph as "conservative" haha.

well if my schedule opens up, i would love to run buttonwillow again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frydryce said:
i was just at Buttonwillows Performance driving clinic this past weekend. it is definately a very nice course!!! the riverside turn is kinda scary because its a long sweeper. i was taking it around 65-70mph. my instructor was taking it at 80 and scaring me. i cant believe that the description uses 80mph as "conservative" haha.

well if my schedule opens up, i would love to run buttonwillow again.
Maybe I should lower that...80 seems conservative to me :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've signed up for the Saturday, and might be adding Sunday. I'll definately be hanging out Sunday morning even if I don't drive since my buddy signed up for both days.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
can someone tell me some info on what we get to do on the track? Just race, just drive? What mods can or can't u have?

David

·
Registered
353 Posts
Just drive. No mods, heavy mods - whatever. There are people with all kinds of cars. You'll soon learn that driver skill plays the biggest part (a Skip Barber instuctor blew by me once in his Dodge intrepid rental car).

You should come by and check it out even if you're not participating. Myself or someone would be happy to give you a ride.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is300soon said:
can someone tell me some info on what we get to do on the track? Just race, just drive? What mods can or can't u have?

David
Yep, as stated, stock is fine, mods are fine. There'll be everything from Miatas to a couple Viper Comp Coupes there.

An update: The event is currently showing very low attendance, so if you want to run BW with small run groups (probably less than 1 car per 1/4 mile of track per run group), this is your chance. We opened registration a bit late, so we're not going to charge late fees for registration until this coming Monday. Sign up now and save some $$!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TRUENOCOUPE said:
Can I drift wisely? Im not going to drift on the front on everyone...

Let me know If I can then Ill sign up.

Al
This isn't a drift event, if you're talking way out of shape Japanese drifting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts