Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where I can get one of these for less than $200 bucks??! Just got some Hotchkis springs installed and the guy f-up one of the sensors on the right front wheel, and lexus wants $390 to fix it!! Anyways does anybody know where one can be had and is it easy to install?? THanks.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
2jz said:
Anybody know where I can get one of these for less than $200 bucks??! Just got some Hotchkis springs installed and the guy f-up one of the sensors on the right front wheel, and lexus wants $390 to fix it!! Anyways does anybody know where one can be had and is it easy to install?? THanks.
how do u screw up a speed sensor from installing springs?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i bought mine for about 150ish

i shopped around and got it at silver springs lexus...the dealer i went to wanted 300-350

that's where those bastards make money in a slow economy-parts and service

shop around at dealerships, try toyotas, they can get the part

get the part number and try a parts shop...i coulda got it from a parts shop for about 150-160ish..olympus autoparts...something local...

don't drive with the broken sensor out, leave it in until you get a new one, or water and breakdust will get in it....you will need lithium grease when you replace it....just apply it like it was when you took out the old one...to prevent water getting into the hole....and do it ourself
if you can change your oil...you can do this...it's easy...after the installation...disconnect the battery for 5 minutes to reset the ecu...and the lights should go away

good luck with the find....can i get a dot or two?

pm with any problems if you want.....

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
It should be easy to install. Just do it yourself or pay a smarter idiot to do it for you for less.

OR, what a bright idea this is....get the idiot who messed it up to replace it for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.