Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the spectra Blue that is on the IS the same blue they use on the GS? Or Is the IS Blue darker?

·
13,978 Posts
both the GS and the IS use the same spectra blue, but IMO i think the GS blue looks a little lighter. i didn't really like the blue on the GS so i didn't get my IS in blue, but i like the blue on the IS a lot better than it on the GS. oh well....guess i should have waited to see the blue color before i bought my black one. but i still like the black!

[This message has been edited by oneeyejack (edited July 15, 2000).]

·
15,322 Posts
same color, reason it looks good on the IS and not the GS is because the IS is smaller and not too much, the GS is longer and bigger so when you see it, the light hits it so many different ways its just not nice (that and i think its lighter too)...
i didnt like the spectra blue GS but i love my spectra blue IS

·
Registered
104 Posts
The same color (Spectra Blue Mica) is used on the US-market new generation Celica. The first Celica I test drove was that color, in fact. It does look good on smaller cars, for the reasons stated above. When I get my IS, it'll be in that color.

My Celica (GT-S, woo) is black, and it shows water marks / scratches too easily.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ya that's what i thought. the spectra blue on the GS is so ugly! but on the IS300 IT'S SO GORGEOUS. that's why mine is coming in blue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
RiEsB
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing