Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
don't they have around 240 hp and XXX lbs/tq? and how heavy is the Tundra? i had a brief encounter with one yesterday afternoon along 19th Ave. i was surprised that a pick-up truck was able to hang with the IS from 0-60 mph. by the time we reached above 60 mph, his front bumper was somewhere next to my rear doors and i was slowly pulling away (and i mean very slowly). i had to let off the gas pedal and slowly hit my brakes when i saw my speedometer reached around 75 mph. the other driver did continue weaving in and out of the traffic though, so he could prove that his truck is superior to my IS. i don't have any modifications done to my car. i guess it's time for modifications.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AustinAltezza said:
do you suck at driving or are you bullshitting me i toy them as if they are standing still. also maybe cuz i got a 5sp MT
what kind of mistakes can you possibly commit when driving an automatic? it could be because you have a manual or the guy that raced me have some mods.

·
Registered
937 Posts
n2knee said:
don't they have around 240 hp and XXX lbs/tq? and how heavy is the Tundra? i had a brief encounter with one yesterday afternoon along 19th Ave. i was surprised that a pick-up truck was able to hang with the IS from 0-60 mph. by the time we reached above 60 mph, his front bumper was somewhere next to my rear doors and i was slowly pulling away (and i mean very slowly). i had to let off the gas pedal and slowly hit my brakes when i saw my speedometer reached around 75 mph. the other driver did continue weaving in and out of the traffic though, so he could prove that his truck is superior to my IS. i don't have any modifications done to my car. i guess it's time for modifications.
That Tundra might have had one of these.... :wink:

TRD Supercharger for Tundra 4.7L V8 (part #: 00602-17620-601)

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
The Chief said:
n2knee said:
That Tundra might have had one of these.... :wink:

TRD Supercharger for Tundra 4.7L V8 (part #: 00602-17620-601)
holy mother of fuckers what the hell???? why the FUCK does a Tundra get to have a TRD supercharger and we dont? TOYOTA YOU SUCK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts