Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just installed a set of spec d projector headlights with the led daytime running light. Spec d literally gives terrible installation instructions and I’m left stumped on how to wire these things up. Not exactly sure how to wire up the drl and my turn signal is hyper flashing. Also does anyone know how to adjust the beam on these things? Here’s a picture of the ones I have. Please help.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Here’s a video on how the IS300 headlights are adjusted. I don’t have firsthand experience with this brand of lights, but I would not think they would have any internal adjustment.

Do you have to take the auto-level motors from the stock lights and swap over to the Spec D?

The “hyper flashing” is probably due to the new lights using led, and the old lights were incandescent. Usually a ballast resistor is needed to calm the fast flash.

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
10,123 Posts
You'll need some turn signal resisters, one for each side. Or a flasher made for LEDs. As for the DRL, if you're talking about the white LEDs, I think those can wire to whatever you want, but they are more of a parking light. They might be part of the city light. I'm not sure, I never had those. But now you've got them installed and so we can't see. They should have adjustment screws for the aim.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here’s a video on how the IS300 headlights are adjusted. I don’t have firsthand experience with this brand of lights, but I would not think they would have any internal adjustment.

Do you have to take the auto-level motors from the stock lights and swap over to the Spec D?

The “hyper flashing” is probably due to the new lights using led, and the old lights were incandescent. Usually a ballast resistor is needed to calm the fast flash.
These headlights don’t adjust like that. I’ll take some more pictures tomorrow in the shop. I’ll show you guys the back of the headlight. I have resistors just haven’t installed them yet cause the connectors are different. I do have the auto leveling motors in but the right one is aimed too high and the left one is slightly low. I adjusted the highbeam but couldn’t see where to adjust the low.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'll need some turn signal resisters, one for each side. Or a flasher made for LEDs. As for the DRL, if you're talking about the white LEDs, I think those can wire to whatever you want, but they are more of a parking light. They might be part of the city light. I'm not sure, I never had those. But now you've got them installed and so we can't see. They should have adjustment screws for the aim.
I would want it to be apart of the city light. Like instead of using the high beam light as a drl the leds take that place. There’s a connector for it but I just don’t know where to put it.

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
10,123 Posts
I would want it to be apart of the city light. Like instead of using the high beam light as a drl the leds take that place. There’s a connector for it but I just don’t know where to put it.
Well, the DRL in this car is the high beam at a lower brightness. So there's no good or easy way to use the white LEDs for that. They aren't bright enough for it anyway. They are meant to go with the little tiny city light bulb for the parking light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts