Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear left speaker is going im just assuming it's a 6x9 want to repalce both though what brand should i go with?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are you planning to go with a 4 channel in the future? Are you changing out your head unit? Alot of factory head units do not provide enough power to drive a lot of after market speakers. Therefore causing distortion then in turn blowing spkrs. But to answer your question, If you are using your factory head unit or even after market (not using a 4 channel amp), the infinity's referance series (sold at Best Buy) do not have a crazy RMS rating so they sound really good. Adding an amp later would sound even better. But personally speaking, I really like the JL Audio's, Infinity's (Kappa Series), Alpines... The only thing is needing a 4 channel amp for minimum/maximum performance of the speakers without causing problems.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
It's not a 6x9.

depending on if you have ML or not... well.. you have 3 "rear" speakers per side in either case, but with non-ML all 3 are in the door... with ML 2 are in the door and 1 is on the back shelf.

In non-ML cars they are 1", 6.5" and 2.6" respectively... in ML cars the ones in the door are 1" and 4" and the rear shelf ones are 2.6"

In the Non-ML system they are 4 ohm speakers rated 25W for the 1" and 21W for the other 2.

In the ML system they are 8 ohm and rated 20W for the 1" and 25W for the other 2.i

1 - 3 of 3 Posts