Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, I have Kenwood DNX7100 HU, with stock front and Boston Accoustic SX95 Rear Speaks, and a Kenwood KSC-WD250 Powered Subwoofer.
now i have Kenwood KAC-8403 Amplifier, am i able to hook up this amp with the boston rear and stock front???
will it be overpower for the stock front??
and am I still able to power the powered subwoofer with this amp?? the sub has 100rms internal D-amp with 200watt max.

Spec of the amp:
4-channel amplifier
60 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (90 watts x 4 at 2 ohms)
180 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
front channel high-pass filters (50-200 Hz at 12 dB per octave), rear channel high- and low-pass filters (50-200 Hz with 12 dB/octave high-pass and 18 dB/octave low pass)
bass boost (6 dB at 90 Hz), channels 3 and 4
Tri-way capable (Tri-Way Crossover required)
preamp- and speaker-level inputs
fuse rating: 40A x 1

thx for all the helps

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
I think you'll be running that amp at 4x 60 w RMS @ 4 ohms to drive your 4 speakers (stock front + your new 4 ohms Boston rears). If your sub is powered already, then your HU's sub RCA should be going straight to your powered sub. RCA is low level. Speaker wires are high level. Hope that answers your question.

Also, we're still assuming you're not using a metra harness. So are you? And you're by-passing the stock amp, right? And how are you getting power to your stock front speakers?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts