Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...

So I finally got my d3 up and running successfully, and I love it, and know finally have the time to ask a question which had me puzzled when I was installing the d3...

I added another amp to my system to run the subs, so I would like to use my 4 channel amp to run each of my speakers in the car, but I wasn't sure how to connect them to the d3...I wired the positives and negatives from each speaker to the correct places on the HU, but when I turned the unit on and got music from each speaker, I noticed my 4 channel amp wasn't even on...So I connected the remote cable from my 4-channel to my HU, and connected the RCA's from the amp to the HU, but noticed my speakers are still not being amplified, as the music is becoming distorted at the same volume level...anybody have ideas??

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Sir, you are using the amplifier wrong. The setup should go like this...

StartHeadunit--rca's--->Amp----speaker wire---->speaker End

You don't connect the speakers to the headunit at all, they are connected to the amp. The idea is that the headunit sends a low level, but clean, signal to the amp where it is amplified. Then, it is sent off to the speakers.

Run new wires to your speakers from your amp. Have someone who knows what they are doing help you.

·
Registered
232 Posts
and as i found out yesterday when you do rerun the wires into the doors peel the gromet inside the door and through the speaker opening and i used a metal wire hanger to go through there
that only works if you have aftermarket door speakers.... you have to drill to get the stock ones out

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
honestly if you're having trouble, stop.

Take it to a reputable shop and have them complete it because you don't want this to be a costly mistake

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well...I won't have to even route new speaker wire to the speakers...they're already routed to the fronts, but I noticed my bro accidentally cut them when he was helping me wire the HU, so I just have to recrimp them together...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts