Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm approaching the 60k mile service and i'd like to know how much you guys have payed for the 60k?

i plan to do half the service to save money, but i'll need the dealer to do the tougher (more expensive) half. does anyone know how much the dealer charges for...

changing sparkplugs? (edmunds says ~$100)
flushing brake fluid? (edmunds says ~$55)
flushing coolant? (edmunds says ~$60)

edmunds says the 60k mile service for the is300 IS around $400.

edmunds

this figure seems too low. my dealer quoted me $800!! :eek: :eek:

·
8,880 Posts
Dealers don't read edmunds.
They're in it for the money. :-? :eek:
BTW, pay attention to the service offered. It has been known that the dealers do unnecessary work and charge a ton of $$$ for it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JDM_SXE-10 said:
What did you pay for your 30,000 mile service because the 60,000 mile should be almost identical.
i paid around $300 for the 30k at the same dealership. the 30k and 60k are definitely not identical. i don't think the 30k required sparkplugs, brake fluid flush, or coolant flush.

i wish it was only $300. :crazy:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Spark plugs are easy to change yourself :) just make sure you use iridium tipped ones.

·
Registered
861 Posts
In my case its odd because I just had my 60k service and on the sheet I got back from the dealership it doesn't list 6 spark plugs.

·
8,880 Posts
Keep in mind,
Dealer Recommended/Suggested N-Miles service varies from dealer to dealer. There is no exact formula as to what needs to be changed and when.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
flproject13 said:
Spark plugs are easy to change yourself :) just make sure you use iridium tipped ones.
i've read the sparkplugs were a bitch to replace. i know on other cars the plugs are easily accessable....but noooo, not on the IS.

·
Registered
55 Posts
louiee_g said:
flproject13 said:
i've read the sparkplugs were a bitch to replace. i know on other cars the plugs are easily accessable....but noooo, not on the IS.
I agree. Maybe i am just a dummy, but i tried replacing the plugs and could not even figure out what to do.. :x :eek:

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
louiee_g said:
i paid around $300 for the 30k at the same dealership. the 30k and 60k are definitely not identical. i don't think the 30k required sparkplugs, brake fluid flush, or coolant flush.

i wish it was only $300. :crazy:
I said ALMOST IDENTICAL. There should only be one or two additional steps for the 60,000. By the way, I got my coolant, differential oil, and radiator flushed at 30,000.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There is no difference between the 30,000 and the 60,000. If dealers are trying to sell you plugs at 60,000 they are ripping you off. The plugs are irridium tipped and do not need to be changed until 90,000. Why don't you guys stop wasting your money and go to Luxury Motorworks. If your in the L.A. area. They have over thirteen years Lexus experience and will not rip you off. They do what is needed and recommended from Lexus.
All the dealers are independently owened and they can do what ever they want to make money. They have to pay that overhead somehow, why not get it from you.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Agreed!!!!!! Luxury Motorworks is the place to go. No question about it.

No plugs till 90K......and thats from 3 different reliable sources.
But keep in mind if you are juicing or boosting your IS, then you will need to change them a hell of a lot sooner... :crazy:

Joe Z 8)

smokingrey said:
There is no difference between the 30,000 and the 60,000. If dealers are trying to sell you plugs at 60,000 they are ripping you off. The plugs are irridium tipped and do not need to be changed until 90,000. Why don't you guys stop wasting your money and go to Luxury Motorworks. If your in the L.A. area.. They have over thirteen years Lexus experience and will not rip you off. They do what is needed and recommended from Lexus.
All the dealers are independently owened and they can do what ever they want to make money. They have to pay that overhead somehow, why not get it from you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
60k service

I am at 60K miles and need the 60K service. I did a search and found this thread. I am getting quotes from $400 - $900 at different So Cal Lexus Dealership (I am too far from Luxury Motorworks). I need the help of the 300.netters. Let me know what you paid and what really needs to be done. Thanks!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Re: 60k service

Lee IS300 said:
I am at 60K miles and need the 60K service. I did a search and found this thread. I am getting quotes from $400 - $900 at different So Cal Lexus Dealership (I am too far from Luxury Motorworks). I need the help of the 300.netters. Let me know what you paid and what really needs to be done. Thanks!
dude, I drove all the way down to Luxury Motorworks from SF which is a 400 mile drive, so dont say ur far. :lol: I paid 250 or so for my 60K at Luxury Motorworks and Steve and Larry did one hell of a job. Why pay 800 when u can pay 250. I mean its common sense. Anyways, if u want to throw away 600-800 bucks go ahead, but u should check them out.

Just my 0.02 cents!!!

·
8,880 Posts
Re: 60k service

Lee IS300 said:
See picture below for what is recommended by Lexus to get done.
Do not trust the dealer to do their recommended work.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks Jo and Vlad for your replies. It sucks to have to worry about getting ripped off by the dealerships. My sister has an RX and it had major tranmission problems 1000 mi after the warranty expired. She had a private garage do all the maintenance on the car and not the dealerships and when she called Lexus, they told her since she did not have a relationship with a dealership, they could not help. So we are always getting screwed one way or another! :pissed:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just remember it's not what you know it's who you know. When you take your car to Luxury Motorworks Steve has over thirteen years at Lexus. He Is still friends with everyone at corporate and can get most things covered under warranty that aren't even covered. He know's the ins and outs. I got my radio covered when it was out of warranty. I guess they call it good will.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts