Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right spot to post this but I can't seem to find a general maintenance section for the IS250.

I have a 2006 RWD -250 (or rather my wife has it and I drive something else on some days and another something else on others). Her car just hit 100k. I want to change the plugs and fuel filter but for the life of me can't find the plugs when I take off the engine cover. I know they're buried in there somewhere. Does anyone know of a write-up for this?

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Not sure if this is the right spot to post this but I can't seem to find a general maintenance section for the IS250.

I have a 2006 RWD -250 (or rather my wife has it and I drive something else on some days and another something else on others). Her car just hit 100k. I want to change the plugs and fuel filter but for the life of me can't find the plugs when I take off the engine cover. I know they're buried in there somewhere. Does anyone know of a write-up for this?
Who did it for you at 60k? (when the first spark plug change is called for)

The second one isn't due till 120k BTW the only significant thing to do at 100k is coolant.

Haven't seen a DIY for this yet on here or on CL... I did see a couple mentions that it'd be easier to do the driver-side ones if you removed the intake manifold, but a couple folks mentioned they managed to do it without that, it was just extremely tight getting in there.... I'm well short of 60k so haven't tried it myself yet.

At worst you could pay $15 for 48hrs access to TIS, which I'm sure could give you detailed directions and diagrams.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I said: it's my wife's car.

I do all my own maintenance on all my cars (I've rebuilt engines, transfer cases, full suspensions, paint and body work, etc, etc: I'd rather do the work myself). This one slipped past me. Is there a write-up?

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
As I said: it's my wife's car.

I do all my own maintenance on all my cars (I've rebuilt engines, transfer cases, full suspensions, paint and body work, etc, etc: I'd rather do the work myself). This one slipped past me. Is there a write-up?
As I said, I haven't ever seen one, neither here nor on CL...

Nearest I could even find was this thread discussing removing the intake manifold or not-
Anyone know how to Remove Intake manifold on a 2006 IS250AWD? (changing spark plugs) - Club Lexus Forums

I suspect there's relatively few 2IS owners yet who have both reached 60k or more miles and also do their own labor.

You'd be doing the community a great benefit if you wrote one during your experience in changing em.

TIS'll have detailed directions, but it's $15 for 48 hrs access.

www.techinfo.toyota.com/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry about that: I wrote my response as you were editing yours so I didn't see the additional info regarding the lack of a write-up.

Looks like I'll be doing a write-up then. I haven't bought the plugs yet and this weekend it's maintenance on my BMW's brakes (I think a caliper is loose or sticking but I'm not sure yet). I'll probably do it the following weekend. I'll be sure to take lots of pics and do a full write-up with a tool list.

....I love trailblazing....:pissed:

Anyone in MD that want's to lend a hand (I'm in Frederick and I have a garage)? It's always nice to have a second opinion on jobs like this. I imagine it'll be pretty involved considering I can't even see the darn things under the manifold!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I actually just changed my spark plugs today, roughly 70k miles. The passenger side ones were relatively easy, but for the driver side, it was a bit more of a pain. My friend and I took our time and it took roughly 2-3 hours, if you were pushing it, probably get it done in about an hour. You will need a 10mm, 12mm socket, spark plug socket, and at least 12 inches worth of extensions for your sockets. We didn't take off the manifold to save time, so it is do-able.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.