Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the spark plugs in my 02 is300 and two days later the CEL came on. i hooked the scantool to it and it said o2 sensor 2 bank 2. Being near christmas time i don't have the money to replace the o2 yet. Tonight my TRAC light started to flash so i hooked the scantool up agian this time it read misfire codes on cylinders 4-6, the same ones that the bank 2 sensor 2 o2 is for. I dont know if the misfire is from the plugs being changed or the o2 going bad. thanks for any help

·
Registered
28 Posts
oxygen sensor wont cause a misfire. it's the plugs. check to make sure the plugs/wires are on tight. you can swap out 1-3 and 4-6 plugs to find out. or get the next 3 plugs. the after cat oxygen sensor is just a monitor and will not cause engine driveability problems.

·
Registered
250 Posts
oxygen sensor wont cause a misfire. it's the plugs. check to make sure the plugs/wires are on tight. you can swap out 1-3 and 4-6 plugs to find out. or get the next 3 plugs. the after cat oxygen sensor is just a monitor and will not cause engine driveability problems.
+1..........................

·
Registered
432 Posts
dont worry about the O2 sensor until it's time for smog. Your Cats should be good so the only thing that it might be hurting is your ego because you got a cel on a Lexus

1 - 4 of 4 Posts