Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after getting som spacers and trying to use them, i am noticig that i can't get the wheel centered on the hub, i have the hubcentric spacers and stuff, i noticed a vibration and later i realized that the wheel wasn't rolling true, then upon inspection the wheel is off center, its a stock wheel so i never would have thougt this would happen, anyone else with experience like this?

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,227 Posts
What is more funny. The picture of the "spacer" It looks like the studs are protruding further than the surface of the spacer.
That’s because these are actually the correct spacers to use. They use the existing lug studs to secure the spacer to the hub and then the spacer itself has its own separate lug studs that the wheel bolts too.

this is far safer than relying on the factory lug studs to hold the wheel on as well as clamp down with enough force to hold the wheel on and keep the spacers in place.

I know people have been using “regular” spacers forYEARS but just food for thought.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Im trying to figure out what the data of the spacer and the data of the problem is...

Maybe he means if there isnt the right hubcentric sizes the datums (should be axis) will be misaligned and the wheel offset?

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,227 Posts
Im trying to figure out what the data of the spacer and the data of the problem is...

Maybe he means if there isnt the right hubcentric sizes the datums (should be axis) will be misaligned and the wheel offset?
Pretty sure by data he is referring to offset measurements not being taken correctly and potentially messing something up in the case of the OP.

·
3,726 Posts
That’s because these are actually the correct spacers to use. They use the existing lug studs to secure the spacer to the hub and then the spacer itself has its own separate lug studs that the wheel bolts too.

this is far safer than relying on the factory lug studs to hold the wheel on as well as clamp down with enough force to hold the wheel on and keep the spacers in place.

I know people have been using “regular” spacers forYEARS but just food for thought.
You are following what I was looking at. The stud looks like it comes out too far from the car. So the wheel would not sit on the spacer. It would sit on top of the studs.

·
Mr. Roo
10,001 Posts
You are following what I was looking at. The stud looks like it comes out too far from the car. So the wheel would not sit on the spacer. It would sit on top of the studs.
Yeah, this part depends on the wheel. From the wheels I've used, all of them have had cavities for the original stud to fit into

1 - 10 of 10 Posts