Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those in South Florida, the Miami Auto Show is going on from Nov 4th to Nov 13th.
jruhi4 and I got the opportunity to attend the press event on Friday before it opened to the public.
I will let Joaquin put his two cent on his thoughts of the show.
I will concentrate on the pics.

The new Si is sweet. The interior does not dissapoint either.

Chrysler has incredible desings, too bad their vehicles are not very reliable. Definitely, out of the big three from the US, best designs.

Beautiful car. Really well done and the top mechanism looks like a well orchestrated ballet show.

More coming shortly.....

Reactions: Squareback

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Looks like a cone at an auto-x, had to take a close up

My dream car!

This should be in a museum! Work of art.

Kinda cool to see this inside your car

I wanted to get in and drive away!!! I love this color! Soon!!!!

Pictures do not do justice to this car, tried my best

You can see the influence of this car on the current IS350/250. Pay attention to the triangle inlets

Designed here in the states, California

The simplicity makes this dash so attractive

Interior for some reason reminds me of a Chrysler interior!

jruhi4 daydreaming. The perks of the press event, we could get into any car we wanted!

The wood accents were simply amazing. Just like a fine piece of furniture. We were not sure what type of wood it was, for some reason we thought it was bamboo.

The pics do not do justice to the color. Just amazing!

Ceramic brakes! Yummy!

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I was there last Fri. after 6 pm till 11pm n I had a blast with Joaquin for a bit n he took off to some kind of concert. I will go again sometime this wk 2 get some more pics I left out of the chick spokesmodels.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
fyeung04msm said:
I was there last Fri. after 6 pm till 11pm n I had a blast with Joaquin for a bit n he took off to some kind of concert.
Yeah, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see Ozomatli (a rock/latin/world music/hip-hop musical fusion that's one of my favorite bands) for free just about 6 blocks from the Auto Show. If it weren't for the short notice Josh (Jiggafett) would've joined me as well...

fyeung04msm said:
I will go again sometime this wk 2 get some more pics I left out of the chick spokesmodels.
METEORO & I might go back on Wednesday. If that's the case, you're more than welcome to join us.

·
2,909 Posts
Great pics.

Looks like joaquin was like a kid in a candy store. How the hell did you control him, Rudy???

Did you get one of those child "leashes"??? ;-)

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
jiggafett said:
Great pics.

Looks like joaquin was like a kid in a candy store. How the hell did you control him, Rudy???

Hey u , u will c me in the flesh most likely this wed. at the auto show. Don't worry I won't cause any trouble n it will be a blast n no prescreens lately? I am interested in c ing Zathura.

·
2,909 Posts
fyeung04msm said:
Hey u , u will c me in the flesh most likely this wed. at the auto show. Don't worry I won't cause any trouble n it will be a blast n no prescreens lately? I am interested in c ing Zathura.

Actually I have some for Zathura but at this moment they are reserved. I'll call u if something changes. It would be for Thurs. at Sunset Place.

I'll keep u updated, maybe I can get a few more.

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jiggafett said:
Great pics.

Let me tell ya, that was impossible!!! The only thing that kept him under control was that if he did not behave, he would not be invited next year :)

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
METEORO said:
I will let Joaquin put his two cents' on his thoughts of the show.
Will do.

I thought the show was kinda meh compared to last year's. I'll be commenting along with the pics.

There seemed to be way less concepts this year than there were last year. If I'm not mistaken, between GM and Ford, the only concept was the Saturn Aura. Chrysler was a bit more generous, bringing both the above-pictured Chrysler Airflite (possibly a predictor for the upcoming 2007 Chrysler Sebring sedan) and the insane Jeep Hurricane pictured below:

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
METEORO said:
Looks like a cone at an auto-x, had to take a close up

A detail of the mid-1950s Volvo P1900, Volvo's first-ever sports car. Here's what the rest of the car looks like:

I was sitting in this beautiful red Ferrari F430 Spider, running the shifter through the metal gates while METEORO sat inside the silver F430 Coupe.

This Subaru Legacy GT Spec-B was, for me, one of the revelations of the show. Making its U.S. Auto Show debut, it's a special edition (only 500 to be built for the U.S. market) of the Subaru Legacy GT sedan. The engine (250-hp, 2.5-liter turbo flat 4) remains unchanged, but it gets unique 18" wheels, summer performance tires and an upgraded sport suspension with Bilstein shocks. All 500 cars bear the same color scheme: silver exterior and a beautiful, fairly high-quality interior with brick red leather seats and door panel trim.

Definitely a tasty Lexus IS alternative if 2006 IS prices don't come down to earth, but, realistically, the $33,000+ sticker and limited edition status of this Subie probably means no bargains to be had here, either...

METEORO said:
Pictures do not do justice to this car, tried my best
Yeah, finally getting to see the Lexus LF-C Concept "in the metal" was probably the highlight of the show for me. "The pictures don't do it justice" may be a worn-out cliché, but it definitely applies here. Even the taillights and rear end, which tend to look ugly in the photos I've seen, look quite nice in person.

Unfortunately, the top was non-functional. We only got to see it with the top down.

You can see the influence of this car on the current IS350/250. Pay attention to the triangle inlets

Designed here in the states, California

The simplicity makes this dash so attractive

METEORO said:
jruhi4 daydreaming. The perks of the press event, we could get into any car we wanted!
Wow, that's a great camera you got there, Rudy! To take that picture of my fugly mug and have it survive unscathed... ;)

That, and the picture at the very bottom is an Aston Martin DB9, which has arguably the most gorgeous interior in production automobiledom...

METEORO said:
The wood accents were simply amazing. Just like a fine piece of furniture. We were not sure what type of wood it was, for some reason we thought it was bamboo.
I had a chance to ask the guy at the Aston stand later. He did indeed confirm that it's bamboo.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
jiggafett said:
Great pics.

:lol: :lol: I was actually a good bit less "bouncing-off-the-walls-hyper" than I was in New York, which was my first MAJOR auto show...

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Hey every1 I m going 2morrow afternoon with Joaquin, Rudy, Josh, Mario and etc. I will be there around 5-6ish pm n bring me carema fully charged to take pics of more chicks.

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fyeung04msm said:
Hey every1 I m going 2morrow afternoon with Joaquin, Rudy, Josh, Mario and etc. I will be there around 5-6ish pm n bring me carema fully charged to take pics of more chicks.
Dude, for sure take pics of chicks! did not have a chance, well not many during the press conf, plus kinda hard with the ball and chain beside me ;)

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
METEORO said:
Dude, for sure take pics of chicks! did not have a chance, well not many during the press conf, plus kinda hard with the ball and chain beside me ;)
:lol: :lol: You just made me remember about the chick near the Honda motorcycles and jet-skis and your wife's reaction...

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jruhi4 said:
:lol: :lol: You just made me remember about the chick near the Honda motorcycles and jet-skis and your wife's reaction...
Yeah!!! remember!!! She was on top of the jeep concept vehicle.
I was checking her out of the corner of my eye....what a hottie!
Actually I was checking her out since we were in million dollar alley. I was trying to get a shot of her...no can do.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I have some pics but unfortunately some cars from the auto show but mostly spokes models n chicks. Here r some chicks with cars in the background n some clowning shots also from last Fri. 2day my camera ran out of batteries again n I will probably go again sometime this wk to finish taking more pics of chicks n cars.

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dude, the progressive chicks were fine as hell, props! I was leashed the entire show :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
Holy hotties Batman ... you the man Fai. Your just pimpin' in the shot with the 8 progressive girls. Damn thats a great pic!

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Hey I might go again this wk n try 2 plan something with a bunch of .netters to go again. I will c who is interested in this n I will let u know n how r u doing btw.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts