Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a HELL of a time trying to source a trans for my car. For those of you with V160's and 161's, where have you sourced them? Ive made numerous calls, and numerous search queries and have come up with NOTHING!

This is very frustrating. Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am having a HELL of a time trying to source a trans for my car. For those of you with V160's and 161's, where have you sourced them? Ive made numerous calls, and numerous search queries and have come up with NOTHING!

This is very frustrating. Any and all help is appreciated.
866.536.8832 ask for Moe. I just ordered a v161 for a friend a couple of weeks ago. He said he had several v160s and v161s currently in stock.

This is the link to their ebay store
eBay Store - JAPANESE PERFORMANCE ENGINES: b16a, b18c, b20b

·
Registered
142 Posts
Blue top = v161 correct?
No ... All the research ive done say that PURPLE paint = V161, and BLUE is V160
Some refer to 2zgte vvti engines as "blue top" due to the color of the engine cover, versus a "green top" non-vvti 2jzgte. If this was the question, then yes, if it is attached to a "blue top" vvti 2jzgte it is a v161.

The purple paint is also what color I have seen on any v161 that comes out of a car. However, the brand new transmissions that mvp and titan have pictured show a blue stripe, but they also have a rear case with more ribs like the v161.

I'm not positive, but I think the v161 might have superseded the v160. They may no longer produce the v160 new.

More discussion and pictures here:
V160 vs. V161 - Supraforums.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.