Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks I just ordered a set of the ever so popular(and nearly impossible to find) TRD SWAYS from:http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/default.asp I have been in touch with Steve Ganz at Carson and he was still up in the air about delivery, MVP has a definate shipment of 8 set's (4 sold already, that includes mine) on Dec 16. I truly was waiting for Steve but I had to jump on these. Good folks in Texas $430.00 Delivered via UPS.
I am happy.
Godspeed y'all :wink:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Lets hope they come in Bro. I know Steve has some on order, but regardless of what is requested, he's not going to know what he's got until the crate gets here and he opens it up. When I got mine from him, I lucked out. Got the last set he had. For that shipment he had requested like 20 sets, but only got half that. Let's hope MVP gets what they ordered, and when they said they would.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yahoo!!!

MVP came through with them yellows!!! I had a little trouble installing but I'm enjoying them very much. :D :D :D

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hey, How long did it take you to receive your sway bars from the date you ordered? I just ordered mine not too long ago, and I can't wait to receive it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
took about 3-4 weeks...They are hard to get, but at the time they were on back order. If they are in stock, i would imagine you getting them in a few days from when u placed the order...If not, could be any amount of time.

·
Registered
483 Posts
The box said TRD, but they should clearly be yellow. At least mine are. Maybe they've changed the color slightly. Can you post a pic of what yours look like?

·
Registered
370 Posts
NaFooEsi said:
How do you guys know it's the race sways? The description didn't say it's "race" sways.. and the color looks more orange than yellow... :-?
Yeah, I was skeptical at first. I confirmed it by emailing and calling the shop. And indeed they are the yellows that were shipped to me. :D

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Nafoosi, the yellow/orange sway bars are simply the TRD Stabilizer/Sway bars for Altezza. I am not sure where the term 'race sway' came from. Even the TRD website doesn't show pictures for the Altezza sways, they always show those sky blue sways which are for I think the mark 2 and some other car.[/quote]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just Installed TRD Sways Front And Rear

:D I found the TRD sways instantly at Rod Millen Autosports, went over there and bought it off them brand new. Payed only $400 for them and my car feels so solid now. :D

·
3,221 Posts
lunatictokyo said:
Nafoosi, the yellow/orange sway bars are simply the TRD Stabilizer/Sway bars for Altezza. I am not sure where the term 'race sway' came from. Even the TRD website doesn't show pictures for the Altezza sways, they always show those sky blue sways which are for I think the mark 2 and some other car.
The box says TRD Race Sway Bars.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks, never looked at that section of the site before.. looks fairly simple, although I'm not sure why it is recommended this be a 2-man job?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
15 Participants
Jedi-Wannabe
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing